cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7945 shows unprovisioned after factory default

Foo Chuan Soon
Level 1
Level 1

Need help after i factory default with below method, then the ip phone show "Unprovisioned", then "File not found SCCP48" then reboot by itself. Running on SCCP, CUCM 7.0. Only this phone having problem while to register, all other phone running fine.

15 Replies 15

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the phone configured in CUCM?

Does it get an IP address, TFTP, etc?

Chris

yes, the phone has configured as other working phone by using super copy. Yes, it get the ip address and tftp ip address since it is under the same vlan with other working phone.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

"File not found SCCP48" then reboot by itself.

Is that a typo ? The 7945 should be looking for SCCP45-something.

Wireshark the phone to see what it's really doing.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Ya, it actually looks for SCCP45.8-3 something. Is there anyway i can manual upload the file?

You can't just upload the firmware to the phone. The phone has to download all the files (There are multiple files that make up the phone's firmware) from a TFTP server.

As your phone is crashing out quite quickly, it makes troubleshooting difficult.

GTG

So, how can i upload all the necessary files to the phone?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you do not want to use a default firmware file for your phone you can specify the load version under the phone device configuration.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

but the problem is the phone couldn't download the firmware from tftp server, what can i do to force it download from tftp server?

Foo Chuan Soon wrote:

but the problem is the phone couldn't download the firmware from tftp server, what can i do to force it download from tftp server?

Your problem probably isn't that the phone isn't downloading the firmware - it's that it's probably rejecting the firmware.

As a start, you need to wireshark the phone to see what it's really doing. It's about the only diagnostic thing you can do at this stage.

If you want to try something without any evidence, trying putting firmware V 8.5.2 on your TFTP server(s)

NOTE 1: If one of your TFTP servers is your publisher, this will change the default firmware version for all phones, so make a note of it and change it back in Device -> Device Settings -> Device Defaults.

NOTE 2: Don't forget to restart the TFTP process once you've installed the firmware.

GTG

this is a known bug, you can not upgrade from firmware 8.3.3 and below to recent firmware versions, the fix is a intermediate version. You will need to install intermediate version on your tftp servers, force it on the phone, let it upgrade and then remove this reference from the phone. There have been many threads on this topic on this forum just search for firmware 8.3.3 issues, etc.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

intermediate version is what version? where can i download it?

Few related threads:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2012109

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/302267

and document with screen shots:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11587

HTH, please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

but in my case there is no "Auth Fail" error message, and i have this issue is because of the phone keep getting wrong DN which is not exist in the CM, then i factory default it, i am not getting this problem from upgrade firmware. So above method still can use in my case to upgrade it to 8.3.5 then downgrade to 8.3.3?

is the phone defined in CUCM?  When you search for device with the device name SEP + MAC address of the phone what do you see?

What is the device default set to for 7945 phone, you can find it under device --> device settings --> device defaults

If your phone has firmware version 8.3.3 on it as you indicated the issue is still the same, "Auth fail" was just an example here.  If you want to get the phone upgraded to current default firmware version listed on the device defaults page simply follow the directions and install intermediate version.

chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: