Did you mean: 

IP Phone 9971 & CUPC

Environment:

UC version 7.1.3.32900-4

CUPS version 7.0.8.10000-7

CUPC version 7.1(1.13850)

IP Phone 9971 / Load sip9971.9-0-2

Issue:

Under the "show server health" in CUPC for the Desk Phone it is showing "Partially Connected(Primary) - Cannot connect to phone"

The CUPC is able to reflect the presence status, meaning, if I'm talking on the phone the CUPC reflect the status that I'm on the phone also if I press DND either from CUPC or the IP Phones the status reflects successfully between them.

However, i'm not able to make a call from CUPC or when I receive a call CUPC dose not pop-up.

see attached

Please advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: IP Phone 9971 & CUPC

With the 99xx and 89xx phones you have to add this permission group to the end user: "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf".  Of course after that is added exit CUPC and log back in to download the configuration again and it should show connected.

6 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

This is a very common problem - try searching the forums for desk phone control and CUPC. Or are you saying you only have this problem with 9971s, and other phones work OK?

Basics:

Verify:

1) The end user is added to 'standard CTI Enabled' and 'standard CCM End Users'

2) The end user is associated to the phone

3) If using EM, the user has the 'enable CTI Control' box checked on their user profile

4) The phone has 'enable CTI Control' checked.

If all that is OK, then another common issue is that if you are using AD integration, delays from AD cause the CTI Control authentication to time out. You can reconfigure authentication on CCM to use port 3268 on a DC running the Global Catalog to remove these delays. When you do this, you need to restart the CTI Manager service on CCM.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I've been running CUPS since more than a year now with different IP Phone models and it is working great, the issue is specific to IP Phone 9971

Regards,

Zaid.

Cisco Employee

With the 99xx and 89xx phones you have to add this permission group to the end user: "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf".  Of course after that is added exit CUPC and log back in to download the configuration again and it should show connected.

Right to the point, many thankx Joemar2

Very helpful - I just can't figure out how to correct the 4 to a 5 when I clicked on the wrong star

IP Phone 9971 & CUPC

Very Helpfull!

I am using Presensce 8.5, and this solution worked for me, Thanks, 5 starts to everyone.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content