cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Connects to something while PSTN Phone is still ringing

swensonj
Level 1
Level 1

When I place a call to one of my phones via the PSTN, the IP phone rings, and I answer it, it gives me every indication that the call is connected. Meanwhile, the PSTN phone is still playing ringing, it can take anywhere from 2-8 seconds for two way audio (or any audio at all) to actually be established. I understand this is because the IP leg of the call is outpacing the PSTN leg. I need my gateway (a 2801, ISDN-PRI,NI, h323) to not send the incoming call to Callmanager (4.2(3)es41) until the PSTN leg is ready to send audio. Can anyone tell me what command to issue (if there is one) to make this condition?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please post your router configuration.

Chris

Attached:

shrun.txt

Attached:

shrun.txt

Attached:

shrun.txt

You might want to add the following command in the gateway..

voice call send-alet

Also, try enabling h323 outbound faststart on the h323 gateway configuration page of Call Manager. Here is a link explaining..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/trunks.html#wp1045717

Tried both of those, no luck on that. The document seems to describe the problem perfectly except for one thing, the IP phone user didn't place the call, it was the called number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: