cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone deployment: stuck in "Configuring IP" mode

jeffshen1215
Level 1
Level 1

Currently, we are deploying about 40 IP phones for our company(We already had about 100 ip phones). When we deploy these IP phones, some of them (1/5) stuck in the "Configuring IP" mode while others boot up successfully.

Phone model: 7970G

firmware version:

SCCP70.8-3-3SR2S (success)

SCCP70.8-3-3 (stuck)

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you try to configure the phones manually does it work??

usually configuring IP is not related to firmware but to a DHCP issue. do the switch ports have a valid DHCP scope or free ip addresses??

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

When I encounted with this issue, I tried to replace another phone set to the same switch port, and it can boot up.

So I wonder it might not the switch or network problem.

Hello Jeff,

Have you ran any debug ip dhcp commands?

This initially sounds like a DHCP or firmware issue.

Regards,

Justin

Can you teach me how to configure the phone "manually"?

for example, how to configure DHCP for a phone?

fr0z3nph03n1x
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder if its a licensing thing, have you checked your licenses since you started adding new phones?

Knightvoice_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the same problem but with different firmware.

Phone 7961

Firmware sccp41.8-3-4sr1s. The phone gets stuck in configuring up after upgrading firmware from sccp41.8-3-2sr1s.

I had to move the phone to a different port and go back to the lower revision. Trying to find out why this is happening

I've had this with a UC520 system as well as a 2800, with different handsets and differing software models.

Believe it or not my issue was dodgy wall sockets and badly made network cables.

After re-terminating the wall sockets and renewing the cables my issue dissapeared.

It looks like some of the sockets were providing power, but not providing adequate network capabilities.

My problem is while using the same switch port, same connection cable, some phone can boot up, but others are stuck in...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: