cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Dial Streaming Audio

ROBBY HARRELL
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing a CM6.0 and Unity Connection at a Public Safety Center. The Police Dept has asked if there was a way for the IP Phones to dial a number and listen to the live audio stream of a scanner. The patrolmen are having difficulty receiving a good scanner signal on their portable units inside the building.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I have not understood your requirement very clearly, but to start with have a look at - IPICS [IP Interoperability and Collaboration System]-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7026/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

This would allow communication between IP Phones and Radio Frequencies jusl like a walky talkie.

They want to be able to listen to a live audio feed by dialing and extension on their, or by a service. It would be like background music on some other phone systems.

I had told them that another option would be to load audio streaming server software on a PC, connect their scanner to the sound card input, and use their PCs to listen to the audio. But they would rather have it through the phones, if possible.

I am sorry Robby, can't think of anything.