Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone display screen clarification

krishna-pv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am experiencing an interesting scenario here over the IP phone series 7940/41. Guess it should be the same with any series phone.

If I press the settings button and navigate to any of the options available there. Then from there on I press the speaker button on the phone to make a call and end the call this leads me to the main display of the phone but does not return me to the phone display from which I had initated the call.

The behavior seems to be strange some phones takes me to the main display and some to the phone display from where I had pressed the speaker button to initiate the call.

Kindly clarify why is this behavior on different phones. What is the way by which I always return to the phone display from where I had initiated the call.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What you see is normal, call activity screen have priority over other screens, for obvious reasons.

Thanks Paolo for your response.

I guess you got my question wrongly. I see the call activity screen when I dial out the call. But my question is why doesnt it returns back to the display screen from where I had initiated the call acivity screen rather than returning to the main display screen of your phone.

I have phones here behaving in different ways. Some of them return to the main display screen some back to the screen from where call was initiated.

That is not important for users. However you can check the firmware revision and run the one that you like better.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: