Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone firmware upgrade

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have various model of ip phone in our production network, and each model, with different phone load although same model. For e.g.:

CISCO 7911, we have 8.3.2S, 9.0.3S existing in the production network.

I used RTMT to filter the out-dated (prior to 8.3.3) phone, but it only display the first 200 monitored phone. We've about 600++ 7911 phone, which having the same issue as the thread below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2014598

Our CUCM is 7.1.5

So my question is as below:

1. how to perform a filter to list out all the 7911 IP phone with out-dated phone load (8.3.2)

2. Method of upgrade those out-dated phone load to 9.0.3S. i know before to 9.0.3, we need to upgrade the current load to at least 8.3.3S. I'm thiking to use BULK to update all the 7911 with reference load to 8.3.3 (if i'm unable to filter out), but this will downgrade those which already in 9.0.3 to 8.3.3.

TIA

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Orochi,

You can use the CLI command 'show risdb query phone' to check the firmware running on the IP phones. It provides the following details.

DeviceName, Descr, Ipaddr, Ipv6addr, Ipv4Attr, Ipv6Attr, MACaddr, RegStatus, PhoneProtocol, DeviceModel, HTTPsupport, #regAttempts, prodId, username, seq#, RegStatusChg TimeStamp, IpAddrType, LoadId, ActiveLoadId, InactiveLoadId, ReqLoadId, DnldServer, DnldStatus, DnldFailReason, LastActTimeStamp

There is no firmware based filter on cucm, also the output of the above query may be pretty large for big deployments.

You can specify the Phone Load Name on selected phones through BAT by filtering on the basis of Device pool or any other filter and update the firmware.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your reply.

In our situation, the same device pool contained the same model of ip phone with different firmware load. This will be a challege if we do in this way, and i think it's not possible.

The CLI above basically generated the same result as what i'm using the RTMT device search. I'm not too sure the CLI will return only the first 200 monitored device all the 7911 registered with CUCM.

TIA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: