Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone fw upgrade from another IP phone

Hello,

I'm seeking informations about the feature of setting an ip phone on a remote location as a firmware distributor for other ip phones in the same location.

Useful for remote location with low bandwidth.

Does anyone ever heard about this ?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What phone system, CME or CUCM?

With CUCM you simply turn up Peer Sharing feature on the phones and only one phone on each subnet will download the firmware file from TFTP server and distribute to other phones.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Peer Firmware Sharing will be your friend here

One of the best (if not the best) descriptions is available in this nice

blog from Bill Bell @ Chesapeake Netcraftsmen

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/758-options-for-distributing-cisco-phone-firmware.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What phone system, CME or CUCM?

With CUCM you simply turn up Peer Sharing feature on the phones and only one phone on each subnet will download the firmware file from TFTP server and distribute to other phones.

HTH,

Chris

Sorry, I'm running CUCM.

Ok thanks now I've the words Peer Sharing. So I'll have a look at older posts...

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Peer Firmware Sharing will be your friend here

One of the best (if not the best) descriptions is available in this nice

blog from Bill Bell @ Chesapeake Netcraftsmen

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/758-options-for-distributing-cisco-phone-firmware.html

Cheers!

Rob

Unfortunately we're using 8945 phones, and they don't have any Peer Sharing parameter in the Product Specific Configuration Layout.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: