Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Phone gets 'error pass limit' message after registering with subscriber

We discovered from a recent outage that our IP phones get the message error pass limit when they register with our subscriber.  I have replicated the issue by putting my phone into its own voice vlan and applying an extended acl that blocks connection to the publisher.  The phone registers with the subscriber and all looks well.  However, you get the error pass limit message when you press the new call button.  Most of the threads concerning this issue discuss it happening when a phone has been registered on CUCM but does not have a DN associated with it.  This is a different situation.  I will post back here if I find anything relevant.  In the meantime, thanks in advance for any assistance!

Thanks,

9 REPLIES

Did you verify the

Did you verify the dbreplication status?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Looks like there is a

Here's the output of the utils dbreplication runtimestate command:

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

DB and Replication Services: ALL RUNNING

Cluster Replication State: BROADCAST SYNC Completed on 1 servers at: 2011-12-13-19-04
     Last Sync Result: SYNC COMPLETED  0 tables sync'ed out of 427
     Sync Errors: NO ERRORS

DB Version: ccm7_1_5_30000_1
Number of replicated tables: 427

Cluster Detailed View from PUB (2 Servers):

PING            REPLICATION     REPL.   DBver&  REPL.   REPLICATION SETUP
SERVER-NAME     IP ADDRESS      (msec)  RPC?    STATUS          QUEUE   TABLES  LOOP?   (RTMT) & details
-----------     ------------    ------  ----    -----------     -----   ------- -----   -----------------
cm01    10.X.X.101     0.024   Yes     Connected       0       match   N/A     (2) PUB Setup Completed
cm02    10.X.X.102     0.107   Yes     Connected       0       match   N/A     (2) Setup Completed

admin:

Have you verified licensing

Have you verified licensing?

Is this phone using "Extension Mobility"?

Did you verify that you didn't have any unassigned DNs?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Licensing is good on both the

Licensing is good on both the publisher and subscriber.  I am not using Extension Mobility.  Question on the unassigned DNs.  Is that for this particular phone or for the entire Call Manager?  Thanks,

Technically for that

Technically for that particular phone but this issue can occur by also having too many unassigned DNs on the entire CUCM.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I am positive the phone has a

I am positive the phone has a DN assigned since it works when registered to the Publisher.  Additionally, this happened to everyone's phones that last time our Publisher become unavailable.  I am going to pursue to possibility of it being too many unassigned DNs on the CUCM.

Thanks,

78 unassigned DNs out of a

78 unassigned DNs out of a total of 482.  I noticed that my extension was listed, but it is in a different partition.  I am going to delete that DN and then just my scenario again.  Wish me luck...

Deleted almost all of my

Deleted almost all of my unassigned DNs.  Only left 5 that I wanted to look into first.  Restarted my phone and still getting that message.  I ran a sync between the pub and sub and received a message I will look into next:

DB and Replication Services: ALL RUNNING

Cluster Replication State: Replication status command started at: 2014-04-29-15-19
     Replication status command COMPLETED 427 tables checked out of 427
     Errors or Mismatches Were Found:

Use 'file view activelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/ReplicationStatus.2014_04_29_15_19_31.out' to see the details

DB Version: ccm7_1_5_30000_1
Number of replicated tables: 427

Cluster Detailed View from PUB (2 Servers):

PING            REPLICATION     REPL.   DBver&  REPL.   REPLICATION SETUP
SERVER-NAME     IP ADDRESS      (msec)  RPC?    STATUS          QUEUE   TABLES  LOOP?   (RTMT) & details
-----------     ------------    ------  ----    -----------     -----   ------- -----   -----------------
cm01    10.X.X.101     0.023   Yes     Connected       0       match   N/A     (2) PUB Setup Completed
cm02    10.X.X.102     0.107   Yes     Connected       0       match   N/A     (2) Setup Completed

This error usually means that

This error usually means that your "max calls or busy trigger" needs to be changed and or that the phone doesn't have a DN assigned.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content