Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone keeps on ringing even caller drops the call

bernsplagata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I this issue that when callers are trying to call an extension and dropped the line, the extension will keep on ringing forever until the the phone goes off-hook.  If i configure the connection plar in my FXO the extension dedicated to the FXO behaves normaly meaning if the caller drops the line enev the phone does not go off-hook the rigning will stop.  does this have something to do with sip-ua config?

Thanks

Bernard

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

However a correctly written TCL script should eventually hang up the call when ext. doesn't answer.

View solution in original post

The UC500 software pack includes all the needed files for CME and CUE.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have not explained the call flow for the problem.

Hi Buddy,

scenario 1. (without connection plar configured on voice-port x/x/x)

1.outside caller calls FXO number

2.then AA prompts for extension

3.caller dials extension

4.extension rings

5.caller drops line

6. extension keeps on ringing

scenario 2. ( connection plar configured on voice-port x/x/x)

1.outside caller calls FXO number

2.then AA prompts for extension

3.caller dials extension

4.extension rings

5.caller drops line

6. extension stops ringin

hope its clear

Please explain in scenario 1, how it is possible that AA (which AA ?) kicks in without "connection plar".

In any case, if scenario 2 works fine for you, just use it.

oops sorry that was wrong if with connection plar...call directly goes to the deisred extension.  AA is via the TCL script which i configure as application under the dial-peer voice XXX pots config. but reading some posts most of the configs uses connection plar pointing to the CUE AA.  Seems that would be the best approach..

Perhaps you are using opx option for scenario 2, otherwise is strange, as the normall problem of lack of disconnect supervision should exist in both cases.

no opx on the connection plar on option 2. i just configure connection plar XXX. Actualy i think it would be better to run the CUE AA rather than the simple aa via TCL srcipts.  This is the scenario that i get a forever ring issue.  while the tcl script kicks in and caller dials the desired extension then gets impatient and drops the call without anybody picking up on the other end the extension will continously ring. or another option is to make a forward noan on all the extensions..to a VM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

However a correctly written TCL script should eventually hang up the call when ext. doesn't answer.

im thinking of using the CUE AA...but again i facaed an issue as this is an old UC500 box and the CUE running is version 2.3..I have a UC520 running on CUE 3.0..i read that i cannot interchange scripts due to compatibilities.. planning to upgrade the CUE on UC500 to have it at least running on CUE 3.0 or better..just now i realized its better to use the AA of CUE rather than using the TCL scripts..so you think the TCL should handle the call hang up?

You should update everything.

TCL script behavoir as answered above.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

BTW..i cant seem to find the CUE version for the ISE?  I always see AIM..and NME...versions.does cisco offer the ISE version as well?

The UC500 software pack includes all the needed files for CME and CUE.

Hi Paolo,

I have managed to upgrade the CUE version from 2.3 to 7.0... its working fine now..thanks for your support,

Best Regards,

Bernard

Latest CUE for an UC500 is 8.6.5

Thank you for the nice ratings and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: