Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Messenger

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I have just setup presnece server (CUPS 6.0.2) and IPPM.

However when I add contacts and choose status as available, All I see is a ? mark by the contact name (Unnown status)

I therefore cant send messages to and between contacts.

Whay can I do

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry I forgot to add that you should use the IP address of the CUPS box, also don't forget to change the Authentication Parameters (Clusterwide) setting Authentication Module Status to off otherwise CUPC would not register with the server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

8cstephenson
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same issue, run the CUPS troubleshooter and check under the Proxy Server that Verify SIP Proxy service Proxy Domain service parameter value is valid, if not click on fix and resolve the issue under the service parameters Cisco SIP Proxy -> General Proxy Parameters (Clusterwide) -> Proxy Domain -> Change this from PROXY_DOMAIN_NOT_SET to somthingelse.

Thank you. Is there anything to set this value to. eg sip.com or what should the value be

Please rate all useful posts

Sorry I forgot to add that you should use the IP address of the CUPS box, also don't forget to change the Authentication Parameters (Clusterwide) setting Authentication Module Status to off otherwise CUPC would not register with the server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: