Helpful
Replies

IP Phone not registering to the Call Manager

Kaushik Ray
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I hope someone can help me with this.

I have an IP Phone model 7942 which I am trying to register to a Call Manager but it is saying registration rejected.

There are other IP Phones all of 7942 which are registering to the Call Manager no problem and are working fine.

All these IP Phones are in the same subnet connected to the same switch and have same configuration on the switch ports.

When I am doing a sh arp i am seeing that there is an IP address associated with the MAC address of this IP phone which is not working but when i am trying to ping this IP address I cannot.

I tried to plug this IP Phone into a same port using the same cable by replacing an IP Phone which was already registered to check whether this could be a cable / port issue without any luck and see the same issue.

The status on the Call Manager is saying Unknown and the IP address is showing Unknown as well on the Call Manager.

Can anybody please advice on where the issue could lie.

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards

Kaushik

20 Replies 20

I have just sent you a message

Hi Kaushik,

I cant find attachment....

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Can you run this command from a windows based machine. If you are on windows 7 you will need to turn of tftp, if you are on windows xp then this will work. Here is the command

tftp -i 10.1.1.1 get SEP0000DEADBEEF.cnf.xml

Change 10.1.1.1 to the tftp ip of your cluster

SEP0000DEADBEEF to the mac address of the phone in question. Once downloaded attach the xml file here

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

aokanlawon

the window version is Windows Server 2008 and is returing as

C:\Users\abcd>tftp -i xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx get SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX.cnf.xml

'tftp' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Hi

On Win7 upwards (including 2008) tftp client isn't installed by default.

You can run this command as admin to install it (or go through the 'add features' menus):

dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:TFTP

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Please run the command as Aaron suggested. If you dont have admin access then use the

Role/Service or Main Feature menu and install tftp client.

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: