Views
Helpful
Replies

ip phone registration pub and sub

frsisqo14344
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a publisher and a subscriber and 2 offices. Currently all phones are registered to publisher. How do i force 1 office to register to publisher and the other half to register to subscriber? CUCM version is 8.5

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Following steps are required

1) Create two Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group

In one group ( default one ) keep PUB in position one and Sub in Position second. And in second group keep sub in position 1 and Pub in position 2nd.

2) Create two Device pool

One Device pool will have 1st Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group and second Device pool will have

2nd Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group

3) Assign the device pool to ip phone and the phone will regester to those server which comes in 1st position in

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group which are created in step 1.

regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Following steps are required

1) Create two Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group

In one group ( default one ) keep PUB in position one and Sub in Position second. And in second group keep sub in position 1 and Pub in position 2nd.

2) Create two Device pool

One Device pool will have 1st Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group and second Device pool will have

2nd Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group

3) Assign the device pool to ip phone and the phone will regester to those server which comes in 1st position in

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group which are created in step 1.

regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

pritamCTC
Level 1
Level 1

what would be signaling flow between publisher and subscriber while 1 user which is registered on the publisher and calling the user registered on the subscriber.

A few things to comment, first of all your question is off-topic to the OP, secondly the post is marked as Solved and lastly the post is 12 years old. With this in mind it is recommended for you to create your own post to ask your question.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

i dont see its off topic, its quite related. If you have the answer its good, i think community portal is here to help each other and findin the solution & other difficulties. thanks for your understanding.

will appriciate if you can help me with the answer, next time I will definitely follow your instruction.

I’m sorry but in what way is your question related to this that the OP asked about?

"Hi All,

We have a publisher and a subscriber and 2 offices. Currently all phones are registered to publisher. How do i force 1 office to register to publisher and the other half to register to subscriber? CUCM version is 8.5

Thanks

The OP is asking for how to get devices, like phones, registered to another node in the cluster. That has nothing to do whatsoever with the question you posted.

what would be signaling flow between publisher and subscriber while 1 user which is registered on the publisher and calling the user registered on the subscriber.

Your question is about how signaling between devices registered to different nodes in the cluster would be. IMHO that’s not relevant to what the OP asked. If you want help please create your own post.

Response Signature

To specifically answer your question, Phone A would signal to Node A to start a call. Node A would process the call request and determine that the target of the call is Phone B which is registered to Node B. Node A would signal to Node B about the call, Node B would process the call request and signal down to Phone B causing it to ring. So the signaling path would flow through both call processing nodes. As always, though, the RTP would flow directly between the two phones by default.

That said, a longer and more complete answer could be had by starting your own post as suggested by @Roger Kallberg.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: