Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Rejected on Subscriber

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an IP Telephony setup with Publisher and Subscriber ver. 9.1.

I created a new Call mager group and have Subscriber higher than my Publisher in my CM group.

Reloaded phones and they re-registered to the Publisher.

For testing the DB replication I have added a end user in subscriber and its reflecting on publisher also.

I checked all the services are up and running in 2 nodes.

I disconnected my Publisher from the network and my phones did not even re-register and its showing in the subscriber as REJECTED.

Earlier i auto registered all the phonoes through publisher and now auto registration is disabled on both the nodes.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance......

Nithin Louis...

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nithin,

from the CLI of SUB, can u ping DHCP server /vice versa and share the output.

did u change hostname to IP address?

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

Are the pub and sub separate or are they common on the same VLAN?   Are you using DNS/hostnames in your configs or purely going IP? 

Your SCCP phones are failing over properly and only your SIP phones won't reg w/ the sub?

How are your phone VLANs separated from your cluster?   Any firewalls or routers between them?

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nithin,

Is call Manager service running on SUB?

Can u share the output of show utils dbreplication runtime state and show network eth0 details from Pub/SUB ?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks for reply.

Call Manager services running on Publisher only.

I have created a test Call Manager group for checking the fail over.I assigned some of the phones to the test CMG but its showing REJECTED as I mentioned in above.

Please review the output below  as you mentioned in the above discussion.

DB Replication

============

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

DB and Replication Services: ALL RUNNING

DB CLI Status: No other dbreplication CLI is running...

Cluster Replication State: Replication status command started at: 2013-07-08-16-48

Replication status command COMPLETED 603 tables checked out of 603

No Errors or Mismatches found.

Use 'file view activelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/ReplicationStatus.2013_07_08_16_48_00.out' to see the details

DB Version: ccm9_1_1_10000_11

Repltimeout set to: 300s

PROCESS option set to: 1

Cluster Detailed View from FCMPBX01 (2 Servers):

PING                          CDR Server             REPL.          DBver&           REPL.          REPLICATION SETUP

SERVER-NAME          IP ADDRESS            (msec)          RPC?          (ID) & STATUS           QUEUE          TABLES           LOOP?          (RTMT) & details

-----------          ------------          ------          ----          --------------          -----          -------          -----          -----------------

FCMPBX01          192.168.30.20          0.053          Yes          (2)  Connected           0            match          Yes            (2) PUB Setup Completed

SCMIPBX02          192.168.30.24          0.732          Yes          (4)  Connected           0            match          Yes            (2) Setup Completed

Publisher Eth0 details

=================

admin:show network eth0

Ethernet 0

DHCP         : disabled           Status     : up

IP Address   : 192.168.30.20      IP Mask    : 255.255.255.000

Link Detected: yes                Mode       : Auto disabled, Full, 1000 Mbits/s

Duplicate IP : no

DNS

Not configured.

Gateway      : 192.168.30.1 on Ethernet 0

Subscriber Eth0 Details

==================

admin:show network eth0 detail

Ethernet 0

DHCP         : disabled           Status     : up

IP Address   : 192.168.30.24      IP Mask    : 255.255.255.000

Link Detected: yes                Mode       : Auto disabled, Full, 1000 Mbits/s

Duplicate IP : no

Queue Length : 1000               MTU        : 1500

MAC Address  : 00:0c:29:3e:09:66

RX stats:

bytes   :    300438117   packets :      2427004   errors :            0

dropped :            0   overrun :            0   mcast  :            0

TX stats:

bytes   :    611806955   packets :      2537790   errors :            0

dropped :            0   carrier :            0   colsns :            0

DNS

Not configured.

Gateway      : 192.168.30.1 on Ethernet 0

Regards

Nithin Louis.

Hi Nithin,

U need to run Call Manager service on Sub as well.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

The Call Manager service running both the nodes.

I have gave the hostname for the server system--->Sever...

Is that the problem?Because I didnt mention the DNS information while the installation of PUb and SUB .If need to change how we can change the hostname to Ip address?

Thanks & Regards

Hi Nithin,

Simply try changing the hostname to IP address in Publisher first and reboot it since u have no DNS server in setup?

regds,

aman

Hi,

In the phone i can see that only the call manger 1 is active (Publisher) there is no information in the secondar call manager.

How I can add this information to this.

Already restarted the TFTP service on both the nodes and reset the phones.but the result is same.

We already mentioned in our DHCP server both publisher and subscriber as primary and secondary option 150.

Thanks

Nithin Louis.

Hi Nithin,

You cannot add call manager in IP phones.u can add tftp ip addresses.

Can u share the dhcp config ?

regds,

aman

Hi,

We are using windows server as the DHCP server and in the switches we mentioned the ip helper address.

we mentioned the primary option 150 as the Publisher and secondary option 150 as the subscriber.

Thanks & Regards

Nithin Louis.

Hi,

In the phone i can see that only the call manger 1 is active (Publisher) there is no information in the secondar call manager.

How I can add this information to this.

Already restarted the TFTP service on both the nodes and reset the phones.but the result is same.

We already mentioned in our DHCP server both publisher and subscriber as primary and secondary option 150.

Thanks

Nithin Louis.

if the ip address is still reflecting for the rejecetd phones in the cucm page, can you please check where it is trying to register in the network configuration?

security by default is enabled or disabled?

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is auto-registration enabled on subscriber?

Make sure that starting and ending DN range is same in both i.e. publisher & susbscriber with auto-registration enabled on both again.

Then reset the phone and check by taking detailed trace in RTMT.

Also please share the snapshot of DBreplication status from RTMT.

Please check if subscriber is recheable from DHCP server and vice versa.

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant,

Thanks for  your reply.

We are not using auto registeration for both the nodes now.

Please review the attached screen shot for DB replication.

Regards

Nithin Louis.

Hi Nithin,

from the CLI of SUB, can u ping DHCP server /vice versa and share the output.

did u change hostname to IP address?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I tried to register one CIPC with the Subscriber and gave the IP address for Subscriber manually to the CIPC and gave the TEST CMG (subscriber is upper than Publisher)

Its registered with subscriber.and I tried with another 6945 phone manually gave the Subscriber address and assign the TEST CMG.Its also registered.But in the 2 registered phones with subscriber do not showing the reduntant server(Call Manager 2) Ip address(Publisher).

We gave the windows server as the DHCP and is mentioned the secondary TFTP option 150 as Subscriber.I can see the phones which is registered in Publisher as TFTP server 1 (publisher Ip address) and TFTP server 2 (subscriber ip address).

Where I missed the configuration....

Please help

regards

Nithin Louis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: