Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Rejected on Subscriber

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an IP Telephony setup with Publisher and Subscriber ver. 9.1.

I created a new Call mager group and have Subscriber higher than my Publisher in my CM group.

Reloaded phones and they re-registered to the Publisher.

For testing the DB replication I have added a end user in subscriber and its reflecting on publisher also.

I checked all the services are up and running in 2 nodes.

I disconnected my Publisher from the network and my phones did not even re-register and its showing in the subscriber as REJECTED.

Earlier i auto registered all the phonoes through publisher and now auto registration is disabled on both the nodes.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance......

Nithin Louis...

25 Replies 25

Hi Nithin,

Can u share what all u have configured in Windows server for DHCP?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

We created 3 scopes in the windows DHCP server.The scopes are starting from 192.168.30.x,192.168.31.x,192.168.32.x.

For example if we consider the scope for 192.168.30.x.

Excluded IP address are 192.168.30.1 to 192.168.30.25

Starting IP address 192.168.30.1  and ending ip addess 192.168.30.225

Default Gateway 192.168.30.1

TFTP server 1 option 150 192.168.30.20

TFTP server 2 option 150 192.168.30.24

we followed the following document for configuring the Windows DHCP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800942f4.shtml

Thanks & Regards

Nithin Louis.

Hi Nithin,

Try doing packet capture by making DHCP enable on phones

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11599

what is the firmware of ip phones?

regds,

aman

HI Aman,

I restart the publisher from CLi after that  all the SCCP phones are registered in Subscriber but 8961 phnes are not registering.

Now all the phones are in default device pool and publisher is upper than subscriber....

8961 phones are registering when the publisher came up.I have done factory reset for one 8961 phone but no luck.

Thanks & Regards

Nithin Louis.

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Ok..What about the recheability from DHCP server to subscrber and vice versa?

If recheability is fine then please try below procedure:-

1). Stop the publisher services.

2). Stop the subscriber services.

3). Activate the publisher services

4). Activate the subscriber services.

Please maintain the sequence. And if the activity is service affecting then please perform it in low busy hour (night).

Also please try to capture registration process through wireshark and RTMT both.

Regards, Nishant Savalia

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any update guys....?

Regards

Nithin

jlukemorgan
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the CM Group defined so that the Device pool with the phones is served by both your Pub and Sub?

-Luke

Hi Luke,

I have default Call mager group in that Publisher is upper than Subscriberand assigned to default device pool and all the phones are registered in the default device pool.

As i mentioned earlier restart the publisher from CLi after that  all the SCCP phones are registered in Subscriber but 8961 SIP phnes are not registering.

8961 phones are registering when the publisher came up.I have done factory reset for one 8961 phone but no luck.

Thanks & Regards

Nithin Louis.

Are the pub and sub separate or are they common on the same VLAN?   Are you using DNS/hostnames in your configs or purely going IP? 

Your SCCP phones are failing over properly and only your SIP phones won't reg w/ the sub?

How are your phone VLANs separated from your cluster?   Any firewalls or routers between them?

Hi Luke,

I have renamed the hostaname to Ip address in the Enterprise parameter and it working fine.

Thanks

Nithin Louis.

Hi  Nithin,

thanks for rating.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: