cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone reloads

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a call manager solution and a poe switch.IP phones reloads frequently i changed the switch with a new one but the same thing.Can you help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oh, ok, I thought this might be a switch issue from your description but it sounds like a CCM one?

Are there any event logs before the failure that indicate a problem (try and identify if this is a software or hardware problem)?

Also, have you monitored the performance of the server (memory, CPU, disk space)?

If the server crashes, try and look through the DR Watson logs (START > RUN > DRWATSON then enter), they may help you find the cause of the problem...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

How are your switches configured. Post the config and we'll take a look to make sure there are no problems with it?

Does the switch reload causing the phones to reboot or is it over-utilized?

Tim

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

i am using a catalyst 500 Express i could not get console or telnet access to it.But in the event log of the call manager i got the following message:

source:eventlog;event ID:6008;

Description:The previous system shutdown at 10:58:15 AM on 10/14/2008 was unexpected.

Help.

Oh, ok, I thought this might be a switch issue from your description but it sounds like a CCM one?

Are there any event logs before the failure that indicate a problem (try and identify if this is a software or hardware problem)?

Also, have you monitored the performance of the server (memory, CPU, disk space)?

If the server crashes, try and look through the DR Watson logs (START > RUN > DRWATSON then enter), they may help you find the cause of the problem...