cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone repeat register after few minute ???

Dear all,

I have a CUCM cluster that are operating  normally for the entire IP phone at this time. I bought some new IP  phones for our system last month, including IP phone 7911 and 7942.  After registing those IP phones with CUCM system, they get their  Directory Numbers as usual. But after a few minutes, they automatically  re-register with CUCM. This process repeats each 5 minutes.

The old IP phones operate normally, it only happens to new IP phones, and I can’t understand the reason why.

I  have loaded IP phone’s firmware, checked the port-security on the  switch, replaced the cable, but all solutions cannot be resolved ?

Please help me resolve this problem, thanks.

Trung.

11 Replies 11

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Trung,

Please post your CUCM version & firmware version in 7911 & 7942 ( i mean, what is the firmware version shown on phone & what is there in Device Defaults page for those 2 models )

GP.

HI Gajanan,

My CUCM version is 7.1.3b.

Firmware of 7911 is: SCCP11.9-0-2SR1S

Firmware of 7942 is: SCCP42.9-0-2SR1S

I has take factory reset and load firmware again but not resolved

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks,

Trung.

Firmware of 7911 is: SCCP11.9-0-2SR1S

Firmware of 7942 is: SCCP42.9-0-2SR1S

Above are the firmware versions as seen on phone or as on CUCM or both ?

GP.

Firmware versions same on both CUCM and IP Phone. But I think firmware is  not a reason of this problem. Because older IP Phone with this firmware is working normal.

Thanks,

Trung.

Hi,

How many license are left in the CUCM for IP phone.

License Unit Report will give you the details.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Yes I agree, I was checking something else. If you had added these new phones to the same DP of older phones, that means they must have got the Primary/Secondary CUCM details properly.

Now the only thing I doubt is the switch port with flickering POE output. Do you see any issue there ? Swapping the non-working phone with other working phone should confirm this.

BTW, your firmware version is still older as compared to the most latest one released here

GP.

Hi,

My CUCM license is more leftovers, license remainning about 2000 unit. That is license is not reason of this problem.

i has moved new IP Phone to switch port of normal working IP Phone, the error not resolve, this process re-register is repeated.

I think, there is problem of keepalive between CUCM and IP Phone. Did Firewall inspection SCCP take effect to keepalive package ?

Any Ideals,

Thanks,

Trung.

Trung,

Why would firewall affect only few phones of same site ( are they at diff site ) ? If it does, it will affect all phones on that site.

I know that other phones with same firmware are working fine but I guess firmware upgrade would make the difference for any keepalive issues.

GP.

Hello Gajanan Pande,

You are right, the errors appear only for new IP phone, old IP Phone not effect. All IP Phone in the same site. I will upgrade firmware for IP Phone and have a feedback   hixx,

hope any ideals for this problem

thanks,

Trung.

Dear all,

Today I has upgraded firmware for IP Phone to 11.0 version, so this problem is not resolve.

Anyone help me to resolve that ?

Thanks,

Trung.

You have firewall between CM and phones? If yes, that's the most likely cause.