Hello, Client uses services for fast dials, address book and was testing ext mobility on 4.2.1, after upgrade to 6.1.2 there is one phone that says it is logged in when I try to change certain settings, like owner id. I deleted the phone and re-added it with same result. The unified reportibility page for EM does not ahow any phones logged in.
Thanks in advance for your help.
I dont quite understand what the problem you are experiencing is. Can you explain better...Also what do you mean by "The unified reportibility page "
In CM 6.1.2 there is a menu option to select unified reportability, under admin, serviceability, disater recovery, OS admin.
You can run a report on extension mobility to see what phones are logged in and also log them out I believe. I do not show any phones being logged in.
My issue is that after upgrading the cluster from 4.21 to 6.1.2 I have one phone that says it is logged in if I try to change certian settings such as owner id it says the phone is logged in and must be logged out for changes to take affect. I think the phone may have been logged into a personal address book service or ext mobility service when i did the DMA for the upgrade and now it is an issue.
If you look in CCM on the phone page, scroll down to the extension mobility section, you should see if a user is logged in to the phone. IF it is, you can log the user out and then make your changes.
Let me know if htis works
There is no one listed as logged in, no log out button, reports show no one logged in, but phone says it is, doesn't say its ext mobility, just says phone is logged in.
Did you manage to sort out this issue. I am also getting a similar problem with CUCM 6.1.2. If I log into a phone using extension mobility, the default display remains the same. It does not show the new profile of the person who is logged in on the phone. However in the phone page in CUCM admin page, I can see the person has been logged in. This happens for all the phones if I try EM. I tried unsubscribing a user from EM and re-subscribe but the problem remains the same. I even restarted the EM service but still the problem remains the same. I have to restart the CUCM for the problem to disappear. Does anyone has a solution for that instead of restarting the CUCM everytime the problem happens? This is the 2nd time in 2 months the problem came.
Please advise what the exact CUCM version is that you are running 6.1.2.?-? This maybe a known issue that you running into.
Have you tried restarting only the TFTP service when the problem occurs? The reason is that there is a known issue, where there is a signifcant delay 4-5 minutes for the phone to display the UDP after logging in. Restarting TFTP resolves the issue.
This problem was resolved in 188.8.131.520-13, are you running a later release?
Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. In fact we are running release 184.108.40.2060-13. Ironically we re-started the tftp service but the problem remained the same. The only way we stopped getting the problem is by restarting the CUCM server. Since the problem might occur again, we would like to have a permanent fix to the problem. Any other ideas where we should look at? Please advise.
I think your issue is different than mine. I just upgraded a new cluster from 4.2.3 to 6.1.2 1000-13 and I have one phone that is not logged in, but says it is logged in when trying to make certain changes, such as change the owner id.
I have no resolution.
I am having a similar problem with Extension Mobility and with the version 6.1.2 1000-13. Although the users appear to authenticate and log in, their profile and associated details are not shown on the handset. The logged out number is shown only. The workarounds I have used are as follows:
1. Change the CUCM group so the phone is registered with the same server as is presenting the EM service. So in this case we are changing the phone group and forcing registration with the Publisher server.
2. Restart the subscriber the devices are registered to.
Neither of these workarounds proves ideal so I would be interested to hear of any fixes to the issue with EM.
I tried a number of ways to get round this problem and had to raise a TAC case in the end. Apparently this issue is with regard to the Change Notify component / service.
It was suggested that I upgrade to an engineering special, which updates and resolves many issues including two defects -CSCsq95431 and CSCso93220 - which are related to DBnotify affecting the
ability to reset phones - which can also relate to the login/out issue.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for posting up your resolution to this issue! +5 points for this kind gesture.
How are things my good friend :)
Thanks for posting this info and saving me some time, I was just about to log a TAC case!