Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone showing "auth fail" error on screen

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

i have installed cucm7.0 (ccmpub and sub)..when the ip phone 7970 registers with the ccmpub it shows "SCCP70.8-5-2SRIS" "auth fail" and "local authentication failed: SCCP70.8-5-2SRIS" error before registering to the ccmpub server. but when i remove the network cable from ccmpub it fail over to the second ccmserver (sub) but gives about error continuously after 2~3 minutes of gap..i chose unsecure mode in device security...do i have to change the firmware??

Regards

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nareh,

We were working on a similar thread last week and the issue turns out to be that the phone firmware needs to be @ 8.5.2 before trying to go to 8.5.2sr1

Firmware Upgrade Issues for SCCP

Note For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(2)SR1 or greater, you must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version 8.5(2)SR1 or later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_2/english/release/notes/7900_852SR1.html#wp164599

Hope this helps!

Rob

hi,

Do i need to remove the 8.5.2SR1 firm ware files from tftp (ccm) server and then upload 8.5.2 firmware file to tftp...so that phone can restart with the 8.5.2 firmware file...then again replace the 8.5.2 firmware file with 8.5.2SR1...so that phone be able to accept the 8.5.2SR1 firmware..isn't it

Regards

nareh

Hi Nareh,

I assume you have: (Example)
Active Version:          5.1.3.8000-4
Inactive Version:              5.1.3.4000-4

To conferm send me the Software installed on both.

If you do not have the 8.5.2SR1 on the inactive Version, revert UCM back onto the "Inactive Version".

Install 8.5.2 (NOT 8.5.2SR1), this will upgrade the phones to 8.5.2, then switch partitions again, this should in tern upgrade to what every Firmware version you have.

If this helped please rate.

Any questions please let me know?

Kind Regards,

Nico

hi,

i dont have any cucm software installed on inactive partition...to perform upgrade of firmware i have to install cucm software again on inactive partition and make it active after the installation??

Regards

Nareh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: