Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone to IP Phone calls

cscarindam14
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue mentioned below:

If a users on Phone A (ext. 1237) calls a user on Phone B (1238) the connection establishes, however the audio is delayed 6 -10 seconds, in both directions.

Only calls between IP phone to IP phone have the audio delay issue, if any of the local IP phones receives or connects a call via the voice gateway, there is no audio delay.

I would be grateful if someone could help me in this case

18 Replies 18

It all depends on how the setup is currently. Depending on the Audio patch and how and if NAT is configured and handled. I'd recommend checking the NAt recommendations and ensure that traffic does not actually go to the Internet and return. I'd personally say the best way to progress from here is to identify what IP CM is trying to use when asking the phones to send audio to and what is the IP Route between both the phones using the IP Address the CM is aware of

so that suggests if there is IP address mismatch as stated by you in yours previous reply we would face audio delay issues while making calls from one iP phone to another ip phone in the same LAN

Well, as of now, its more like we are shooting in the dark. As of now, we dont know what is the Path being used for Audio between the 1 IP Phones. To start with the troubleshooting, I'd suggest first try and find out what the is the patch currently being used and see what is the delay being added with the path. Even with both the IP Phones being at the same physical LAN, if they are trying to reach each other using the NATed IP Address, then we need to look at the path taken by them. It could even be possible that the NATed patch is configured . We need to find out what IP Address CM believes is assigned to the Phones and do a traceroute to see what is the path.

Delay in Audio is more commonly caused due to the delay being introduced in the network.

Your best bet is to start with a sniffer (ethereal) on both phones. Also see if you have any mismatch on your speed duplex setting (switch & IP-Phones).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: