Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP Phone unable to get IP Address

Hi,

i am encountering a weird situation . bunch of IP phones are not getting IP address from DHCP server phone model is 7906. there are bunch of ip phones having the same problem. i tried so many different things but could not solve the issue. DHCP is working fine, ports are OK. DHCP is configured on publisher and we are using CUCM 6.1 version

please suggest advice Thanks...

11 REPLIES
Silver

Try to do an erase config from the phone.

JH

Thks JH for your reply

we have another isolated IP telephony setup these phones are working fine there when i bring these phones on my work place they start giving message configuring IP and stuck. when i try to upgrade also get stuck on updating..

Silver

The DHCP service is started on the CM?

If possible (for testing) make an IOS DHCP server, this gives you good DHCP debugs.

JH

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: IP Phone unable to get IP Address

Are the phones not getting IP addresses or not registering with cucm?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

we have another isolated IP Telephony setup these phone work fine over there but when i bring them at my site they start giving problem on configuring IP address when i try to update them they also get stuck on updating

other phones are working under same vlan same DHCP same phone same phone model same cucm but there are bunch of phones creating problems

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: IP Phone unable to get IP Address

are they getting IPs but not registering?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

getting stuck on IP CONFIGURING MESSAGE

The Cisco IP Phone is receiving the DHCP server address?

The Cisco IP Phone is receiving the IP address, subnet mask or default router address?

The Cisco IP Phone is receiving the TFTP server ?

The Cisco IP Phone is receiving the correct Cisco CallManager addresses?

Tks

tell me which key combination should i use to enter and check the configuration while its booting.  phones get stuck on configuring IP address message.phone model is 7906

When the Ip Phone show the msg configuring IP add, hit the menu button, and going to network config to see the network config of your phone

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies