Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

IP Phone with 2 Default Routers, does not revert back

Hi, I have a CCM 6.1 installation where the primary call path is across 2 bonded Private T1s and the secondary call path for failover of the T1s is a TLS network. In my DHCP scope for the phones I have set two default gateways for the phones (Default Router 1 and Default Router 2). When I place a call under normal network operation the call goes across the bonded T1s using the default router 1 path. I then dropped the T1s and place another call. This time the calls traverse the TLS network using the Default Router 2 path as they should. The problem is when I connect the T1s back up and place a new call, it continues to use the Default Router 2 path versus reverting back to the Default Router 1 path. Only if I power cycle the phone does it begin to use the Default Router 1 path again. Does anyone know why this happens? Is there perhaps a timer setting within CallManager for having the phones revert back to the first Default Router 1? Any insite is greatly appreciated as this has become a huge headache. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IP Phone with 2 Default Routers, does not revert back

put the two router in a HSRP group and make the one u want a primary and the othet as secondary

also enable preemption

with preemption when the primary come back again it take the operation again and u can control the recovery time for preemtion

in this case your phones will have one default gateway

which is the virtual IP address (VIP) of the HSRP

i think this will solve your problem

good luck

Rate if helpful

3 REPLIES

put the two router in a HSRP group and make the one u want a primary and the othet as secondary

also enable preemption

with preemption when the primary come back again it take the operation again and u can control the recovery time for preemtion

in this case your phones will have one default gateway

which is the virtual IP address (VIP) of the HSRP

i think this will solve your problem

good luck

Rate if helpful

Simple solutions that worked like a champ! Thanks!

u welcome...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content