cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones, block calling number for internal calls

aboschetti
Level 1
Level 1

I'de like to block internal calling number for 2 phones. How can I do it ?

We are using CCM 4.2.1 sr1b

8 Replies 8

johncaston_2
Level 1
Level 1

I'm no expert and there may be an easier way but ...

You may need to rearrange your Partitions so that all of the internal phones DON'T exist in the Null Partition. The CSS specifies which partitions the phone is allowed to dial but all phones have access to the Null Partition by default.

I assume that all your internal phones exist in the Null Partition so you will have to put the bulk of them in another partition. Just make sure that the 2 blocked phones exist in a different partition and don't have their CSS include the partition that contains all the phones.

If you want all the other phones to ring those 2, then just include that Partition in their CSS

Good Luck

John

Hi,

I think I've not explayed well my question.

I've just created many partitions and CSS and I'm not using null partition.

I need to mask calling number of 2 phones so that all phone receiving calls from that phones cannot knows calling number and cannot call them

Hi,

you should solve the problem using called party transform mask but be carefull because this could change the way your calls are routed.

Maybe (i can't remember now) there is a field in the phone settings page that can easily solve your problem.

looking for , at the bottom of DN settings page, something like " calling party"

regards

I remembered:

In the phone settings page there is a box (call forwarded information ...something else) with

four options (included caller ID);

Select the informations you want be forwarded

and not select informations you don't.

Regards

Hi,

that functions are applicable only for incoming call.

I need to block outgoing call from that 2 phones

csummey
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to do that on the phone's directory number configuration page under "Line settings for this device" and leave the value blank for the "Display (Internal Caller ID" setting?

No,

I'd like to block calling number for phone a.

when phone a (ext. 100) calls phones b, into display of phone b the ext 100 must disappear but must appear "Phone A"

Here is the method we use:

Create a translation pattern: *67.XXXXX

(we use 5 digit dialing, change to match your dialing). Use the partition and CSS of the phones. On the Calling Party Transformation: Calling Line ID Presntation = Restricted, and Calling Name Presentation - Restricted. On the Called Party Transformation: Discard PreDot

The problem with with approach is the person calling has to remember to dial *67 followed by the extension to get the Caller ID blocking to work.

Maybe someone has figured out a better approach to make the Caller ID blocking permanent without having to dial special characters.

Larry