cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones & cisco-sa-20091109-tls

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

Hey guys - I am reading this advisory ( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a0080b01d1d.shtml ) and it shows the for IP Phones, the "fix" is supposed to be in :

RT: Release 9.0.3

TNP: Release 9.0.2

but I am not sure what that means?  is that supposed to be a firmware?  we use UCM 7.2, so i see that UCM needs to be patched to 8.0 (if i am reading this right).

Thanks

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The bullettin is clearly wrong regarding phone firmware. And the recommendation about upgrading to some CM non even released yet is laughable and unreasonable.

Seems like it has been writen by someone in an ivory tower with too much free time.

So unless you're in some particular situation, I would disregards the whole matter.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This firmware will be available around the time that UCM 8.0(1) ships, which should be soon (<60 days).

Unless you are running these phones in mixed mode, this isn't really applicable though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: