Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones Failure in CME Setup

haithamnofal
Level 3
Level 3

Hi There,

I have configured a CME setup on my edge router and was working fine internally (i.e. the phones were able to call each others internally), however, the next day I was shocked that some phones went down and were failing to communicate; they keep giving me the message that they are trying to obtain an IP address. On the other hand, some other phones were still functioning fine as they used to without losing their IPs.

Any idea about this problem?

Regards,

Haitham

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please indicate IOS version used, router configuration, FW on the phones, and hos these are connected, by a switch and VLAN if any.

Hi,

I assume that the IP addresses for the phones are sourced from the router using a DHCP Pool is this correct?

If so, check the current DHCP Pool index by "show ip dhcp pool", if the index number is not a valid ip address then "clear ip dhcp conflict *"

If this is the case please advise and I might be able to provide a more reliable solution.

Cheers,

Mike.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: