Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phones not changing their phone number CUCM 9.1

We have started having this problem. We want to re-assign an IP phone to a new number, so in CUCM give it a new number, reset the phone and as far as call manager is concerned all is ok. But on the phone(7960 in this case) it still displays the old number, and you can call it using the old number even though that number no longer exists in the CUCM, Factory resetting  the phone makes no difference, so I guess its still getting the wrong configuration from the TFTP server, I have reset the TFTP servers but made no difference, I have yet to restart the Active subscriber that the phone says is the active CUCM, I'll have to wait till the weekend to do that. Am I on the right track?    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That shows your replication connections are good.  I would check next if your tables are all syncronized with "utils dbreplication status".  If you have any tables out of sync you would want to fix it with "utils dbreplication repair all". 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you checked replication?  Login to the CLI of the publisher and issue "utils dbreplication runtimestate".  If the phone is registered to a subscriber it may not be getting updates from the publisher to reflect the new number.

This is the response from that command

DB and Replication Services: ALL RUNNING

DB CLI Status: No other dbreplication CLI is running...

Cluster Replication State: BROADCAST SYNC Completed on 2 servers at: 2013-06-14-23-54
     Last Sync Result: SYNC COMPLETED  603 tables sync'ed out of 603
     Sync Errors: NO ERRORS

DB Version: ccm9_1_1_20000_5
Repltimeout set to: 300s
PROCESS option set to: 1

Cluster Detailed View from CHIUCM71 (3 Servers):

PING            CDR Server      REPL.   DBver& REPL.    REPLICATION SETUP
SERVER-NAME     IP ADDRESS      (msec)  RPC?    (ID) & STATUS   QUEUE   TABLES LOOP?    (RTMT) & details
-----------     ------------    ------  ----    --------------  -----   ------------    -----------------
CHIUCM72        172.17.5.227    0.419   Yes     (6)  Connected   0      match  Yes      (2) Setup Completed
CHIUCM71        172.17.5.226    0.050   Yes     (2)  Connected   0      match  Yes      (2) PUB Setup Completed
DRSUCM71        172.16.17.227   1.788   Yes     (7)  Connected   0      match  Yes      (2) Setup Completed

reset the phone made no difference to the problem.

That shows your replication connections are good.  I would check next if your tables are all syncronized with "utils dbreplication status".  If you have any tables out of sync you would want to fix it with "utils dbreplication repair all". 

Joseph,

yes the DB needed repair,after doing the advised commands the phone then picked up the correct number,

thanks for your input

You could also do the following commands on the CLI to figure out if the number in the database has synched with the newer entry that you provided in the GUI.

1. You know the DN that should be present on the phone (A)

run sql select * from numplan where dnorpattern='A'

2. Use the pkid field of the above entry (B) and search for this under the devicenumplanmap table.

run sql select * from devicenumplanmap where fknumplan='B'

3. From the entry you get in step 2, use the fkdevice ID (C), and search for this under the device table.

run sql select * from device where pkid='C'

Take the entry that you get there, and see if it is associated with the phone that it should be. You can see the mac address or the description field to confirm this.

If you don't find any results for step 2, that means the DN is not associated with a device. If you get the right result at the end of query 3, the database is good.

Thanks

Sree

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: