cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phones not registering to new server after changing the order in cucm group

shenbagarajan.k
Level 1
Level 1

IP phones not registering to new server after changing the order in cucm group.

All the IP phones were registered to Server 1 (old subscriber ). After adding a new subscriber Server 2, we planned to register half of the phones to the new subscriber. Hence added the new server in the cluster, created a new cucm group with the new subscriber as the primary server, pointed the device pool to the new cucm group and applied the device pool for the required phones. After resetting the device pool, only few phones were seen taking the updated cucm list and registered to the new subscriber as needed. Still more phones retained their old config and remain registered to the old subscriber. Even tried restarting cucm and tftp services but no use.

Pls suggest what to try next ?

10 Replies 10

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Shen

All the phones have connectivity with this new CUCM?

Did you try to erase the config of these phones?

You have license for all these phones?

The database replication is GOOD?

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi Leonardo,

Pls find the answers fr ur qns below:

All the phones have connectivity with this new CUCM? Yes. Some phones even registered with the new subscriber.

Did you try to erase the config of these phones? Yes. I tried erasing phone config from the phone menus.

You have license for all these phones? Yes.

The database replication is GOOD? Yes.

Thanks

On the IP Phone screen appears any message error?

The Cisco IP Phone is receiving the DHCP server address?

The Cisco IP Phone is receiving the IP address, subnet mask or default router address?

The Cisco IP Phone is receiving the TFTP server ?

The Cisco IP Phone is receiving the correct Cisco CallManager addresses?

Tks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

The phones are not showing any error but registered to the cucm as per the previous device pool config. i.e., They retain their existing config even after reset and not taking the config as per the new cucm group in the new device pool.

Thanks.

Did you try to make a factory reset on the ip phone?

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Dint tried yet.. already thought of doing that... But out of 1500 phones around 600 phones still regsitered to old subscriber. So it wud be difficult doing factory reset for all the phones...

I can try doing on one phone though...... But jus trying to know why the phones are not taking the cucm group config from the new device pool...

Thanks.

If the phones are not going to the new server that has nothing to do with the phones, a factory reset won't help at all.

This means the sepMAC.cnf.xml file is not being updated, and that is in the TFTP.

Try restarting the TFTP services and reset affected phones, if still no avail, go to TFTP service parameters and change the parameter that should say build selective to build all config files and reset TFTP again. Then reset all phones.

Then go back to TFTP service parameters and reset the setting to build selective.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Even tried changing the TFTP service parameter, restarted tftp service and the reset the device pool for those phones. Still the phones are not registering to the new server.

But after that tried factory reset for one of those phones. It regsitered to the new server. But the prob now is there more than 1000 phones. pls suggest if any other solution is there ?

Thanks.

The problem is that the CTL file is not getting updated properly..

Can anyone help me in getting the CTL file updated in the Cisco IP phone 7942.

Hi ,

I've experienced same issue. Cucm is 12.5.1.10000.

Had you get a solution ?

I'm stuck with Cisco 6901 : some can get registered and some are rejected .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: