cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones to PBX Phones

imuonagor
Level 1
Level 1

We have an IP telephony network with Cisco Voice over IP phones. There is a Voice Gateway which is connected to our PBX via an E1 card. Currently the IP Phones are able to call the HQ PBX phones directly and vice versa. But we have another nearby office which we call by dialing code '6' from the HQ PBX phones and then dialling the extension number. I need to enable the IP Phones call the PBX phones at this other office. What do i need to configure on the call manager and Voice gateway? There are already dial peers configured on the Voice Gateway. Can i have multiple dial peers for different call types using the same Port on the voice gateway? Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

CCM -- VG -- PBX

In CCM first add a RP 6. something that will forward the 6 plus extension number to VG

In the VG if using H323 add the proper dial-peer pots that will forward 6. plus extension number to PBX

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

CCM -- VG -- PBX

In CCM first add a RP 6. something that will forward the 6 plus extension number to VG

In the VG if using H323 add the proper dial-peer pots that will forward 6. plus extension number to PBX

We already have 2 dial peers configured on the Voice Gateway. I'm concerned about the possible effect of configuring additional dial peers on the same VG. Find attached the config of the VG.

andrewjuliz
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can have multiple dial peers for single ports. Dial-peers are chosen based on most exact match, so it will not disrupt your other dial-peer.

This following line should be added to your router configuration:

dial-peer voice 2 pots

tone ringback alert-no-PI

destination-pattern 6T

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind progress enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits all

no digit-strip

Hope this helps.

Thanks a million Andrew. Actually since the other dial peer pots had destination pattern .T all i did was to define the Route Pattern for (6)XXXX on the Call manager and it worked. Thanks again. Cisco is da bomb!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: