cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phones with wireless handsets

phillip-wright
Level 1
Level 1

How can I make my wireless headsts work without lifting the handset on my IP Phone?

7 Replies 7

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Phillip-wright,

What type/model of wireless headset are you using?

You can use the headset button on the phone, you can also use the anwser softkey. You should not have to lift the handset to use your wireless headset.

You can purchase headsets with a remote pickup/lifter option so you can anwser you calls by clicking a button on the side of your headset.

Plantronics and GN Netcom are reputable companies that have supported headsets for the 7900 series IP Phone.

Hope this Helps, Please rate if so

Justin

GN Netcomm g620. I'll check out your response if it's works i'll rate your reply/fix.

thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Phillip/Justin,

You may want to look at a great new method of using Wireless Headsets that Plantronics/Jabra (GN Netcom) and Cisco have developed that work with the 7942/7945, 7962/7965 and 7975 IP Phones only so far. The Plantronics HHC adapter enables hookswitch control and ***ring detection for CS50, CS55, CS60, CS70, CS70N, CS351N, CS361N and V510S wireless headsets, eliminating the need for a an HL10 lifter.)

With the use of an Adaptor Part # APC-4 (called the HHC Adaptor) which plugs into the Aux Port on the base of the phone allows calls to be answered and disconnected via the Headset without the use of the Lifter!

You can't believe how well this new setup works :)

Wireless Headset Remote Hookswitch Control

Q. What is the Plantronics HHC adapter used for?

A. The Plantronics HHC adapter enables hookswitch control and ring detection for CS50, CS55, CS60, CS70, CS70N, CS351N, CS361N and V510S wireless headsets, eliminating the need for a an HL10 lifter.

Q. Will the Plantronics Headset Hookswitch Control adapter work with Cisco IP phones 7940, 7941, 7960, 7961, 7970?

A. No. The Plantronics HHC adapter works only with Cisco IP phones 7942G, 7945G, 7962G, 7965G and 7975G.

Q. How do I install the Plantronics HHC adapter to my Cisco Ip phone.

A. Select the attached quick start guide for instructions.

Q. Is there a specific Cisco firmware version that is required on the Cisco phones to use the Plantronics HHC adapter?

A. A new phone firmware version is required for the Cisco Unified IP Phones 7975G, 7965G, 7962G, 7945G, 7942G models. Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) firmware Version 8.3(3) and higher.

Q. Is there a specific Cisco software version that is required for the Cisco Unified IP Phones 7975G, 7965G, 7962G, 7945G, 7942G ?

A. Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.1(3) and higher.

Q. How do I know if the hook switch control feature is enabled/disabled on my phone?

A. On the phone, you can verify that the feature is enabled by choosing the Settings button > scroll to Device Configuration > scroll to Media Configuration, and verifying that the Headset Hookswitch Control setting displays Enabled.

***NOTE: This a feature on the Cisco phone that allows users to remotely recieve ring indication and to answer/end calls using a wireless headset. By default, the Wireless Remote Hookswitch Control feature is disabled. This feature can be enabled by the Cisco Phone System Administrator.

HHC adapter (APC-4) Product Information

http://plantronics.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/plantronics.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9880&p_created=1207353166

For Jabra/GN Netcom;

Q: What is HHC?

A: HHC (Handset Hookswitch Control) enables you to take and end calls on your Jabra office headset while away

from your desk. Via HHC, you also receive a ring tone in the headset at incoming call. HHC is a Cisco standard

for these features, the overall term for this functionality across the various standards is Electronic Hook Switch

(EHS).

Q: Which Jabra office headsets support these EHS features on Cisco phonesvia the HHC adapter?

A: All Jabra GN9350 support this feature, while only the EHS versions of Jabra GN9120 are capable of providing

this enhanced functionality. For details please refer to the compatibility matrix at www.jabra.com

Hope this helps!

Rob

Does anybody know if the Handset Hookswitch Control feature is available in Cisco Unified Communications Express?

We are currently using CME(4.1) in several of our smaller regional branches.

Cisco IP phone is 7962G with 8.3(4) firmware. As described the HHC feature is available under the Settings>Device Configuration>Media Configuration, but by default it is disabled.

We are using the Plantronics CS70N wireless headset paired with the APC-4 hookswitch control adaptor.

Does anybody know if there is a way to enable this option on the phone without CUCM 4.1(3) or higher.

We are still about 1/2 a year off before we have the CUCM implemented in our Head Office and to have the regional sites converted over to SRST.

I have already got had a Plantronics rep look at the set up and he said that although it was not specifically outlined in the brochure it was definitely worka shot.

So close but so far.

We are desperate to get this to work asap as we are not too keen on the handset lifters.

Thanks in advance.

Wei

Hello, not sure if this would work with CME 4.1, however, this is how you get it working on newer versions:

telephony-service

service phone ehookEnable 1

create cnf-files

Hope it works on CME 4.1

MoranCorps01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem, but I can't seem to find any answers on this. Is an EHS or as you put it HHS compatible with SIP firmware for the 7960 IP phone? I have a APC-41 adaptor for my Plantronics CS540, but it's not working with my phone, whish needs the SIP firmware. Is it possible to use with this firmware, or is there a workaround? Advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Steve, EHS/HHC is only supported on the currently shipping line of phones.  For the 7900 series, you'd be looking at: 7942, 7945, 7962, 7965, 7975, running firmware (SCCP or SIP) 8.3(3) or higher.  7960 or 7961 do not support EHS, regardless of firmware.  Your only option in this case, on a 7960 for remote answer, is a handset lifter.

See here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975g/firmware/8_3_3/english/release/notes/75833.html#wp134408

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: