Views
Helpful
Replies

ip telephone 7975 not picking ip only showing ip cofiguring

sarfaraz798
Level 1
Level 1

dear friends

i have cisco router 2821 configured with ccme 8.x for ip telephony which is connected to cisco lan switch 3750g which is in vlan 230 and another portof router 2821 is connected to core switch 4500series port ,yesterday router 2821 Ram damaged and we replaced ,since then the issue started

ip telephone 7975 is not taking picking ip address and is just showing ipconfiguring on telephone screen .

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you checked the configuration on the 2821 router since the RAM changed that you still have your DHCP configuration. Did you use ip helper address onany interface before? I will start by looking at the config

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

hi, please check the above config for ip telphony router,

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Sarfaraz

Have you changed anything on the Router after the replacement?

Check if these:

- Verify that the TFTP Server is operational and service files, validate the firmware for the IP Phone model in question exists on the TFTP server as well as a specific configuration file for the Phone.

- Configuration file should have the MAC address of the IP Phone in the filename

- Verify that you entered the # create cnf-files command from telephony-service configuration mode to generate the necessary configuration files on the TFTP server.

Can you try connect the "not working Phone " on the port of a " working Phone ".

Please show the output of command "show ephone" and "show flash"

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

no i did not change anything on router,the firmware &config file is same

Hi Sarfaraz798

Have you changed anything on the Router after the replacement?

sarfaraz798 wrote:

no i did not change anything on router,the firmware &config file is same

Check if these:

-  Verify that the TFTP Server is operational and service files, validate  the firmware for the IP Phone model in question exists on the TFTP  server as well as a specific configuration file for the Phone.

- Configuration file should have the MAC address of the IP Phone in the filename

-  Verify that you entered the # create cnf-files command from  telephony-service configuration mode to generate the necessary  configuration files on the TFTP server.

Can you try connect the "not working Phone " on the port of a " working Phone ".

Please show the output of command "show ephone" and "show flash"

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: