cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Telephony Design

mognawaiseh
Level 1
Level 1

Could you pleas help me, I have company that needs a new IP telephony solution for 500 users, 35 in the HQ and the others are seperated on 35 sites equally (14 user in each site).

What components would you think of using in such a setup?

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would look into Cisco Unfied Business Edition 6000 as the bundle solution which supports call processing, voicemail, presence and other applications you decide to deploy on the Cisco UCS server.

HTH,

Chris

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Basically, if we talking about call processing you will need voice server in HQ building and distribute other voice clients (ip phone) in othet sites. Protocol will be SCCP between UCM and IPPHONES. You will need switchs in HQ site and other sites. UCM server will work as callmanager and TFTP server also.
Please dont forget to rate if you make use of that.

What type of ip phones you will use ????? Informe me so I could calculate to you how many units you need to install in OS license. Each type consume different units.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi,

In additon, you may need the voice gateways such as 29xx at the HQ and the branch sites.

Please rate if this helps

Thanks

Hi ,

As suggested by Mr. Chris, u can go for BE 6000 which supports upto 1000 users , with 50 gateway sites and redundancy as well.

Above that , it comes as bundled which offers  Call Manager, CCX, Voice Mail .and Presence.

Additionally, it could be deployed as Single Site,Clustering Over WAN , Mutlisite with Centralised Call Processing and Distributed call Processing.

regds,

aman

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

If we divided the design into 2 main parts- ( media connecting remote sites to HQ site) and ( voice server and voice clients). It will be easer to deploy. Routers will be needed just for deploying media connecting distributed sites. He have to tell us if they already have media to transfer packets incoming and outgoing HQ building to sites. We need him to clarify please.
Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: