Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Telephony Publisher & Subcrbers

Hi

Please find the attached topology,

My Requirement is if publisher,subscriber and VG in HO fails the ip phones in HO should call to PSTN from DR E1 PRI link.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You need to have this agreement with the Provider.

Thanks

14 REPLIES

Re: IP Telephony Publisher & Subcrbers

How does your setup look like do you have gw for ha to run srst?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Voice CCIE #37771

Dear,

Thanks for the reply.

No i dont have SRST to DR VG, if for sometime assume that i have SRST on DR VG still how many DID's will flow from my DR VG to the ITSP.

Hi,

It depends upon 2 things.

1.The license which you have on the VG i.e support for phones in SRST mode.

2.The type of connection you have with your service provider i.e E1 etc.

Thanks

Dear Mahmood,

i will clear things more and confirm to me whehter this type of setup is a validated setup.

• why i need a SRST when i have a 2 no's of subscriber in DR for IP phones to failover ????

• I mean to say if my PSTN number pool on HO is 22222XXX with 1000 DID and in my DR site the PSTN number pool given by ITSP is 33333XXX with 150 DID, then how it is possible to route calls from my end as well is it possible from the ITSP end, becz for routing calls to HO it was pointing to my HO VG when it fails then how it will point to the DR VG.

Hi,

Yes you dont need SRST if the IP Phones will failover to DR sub's.

For the second point you need to use Route lists/ Route Groups.

When you create the route patterns you are given the option to select the route list which contains the route groups inturn they contain the Gateway devices.So you can add the DR VG in the route group.

Thanks

VIP Purple

Hi ,

Your phones at DC can register to DR in case of failure of PUB/SUB/VG at DC.

for DID, only service provider can confirm and that too if they are same i.e. at DC and DR.

regds,

aman

Dears

yes the below is my question

for DID, only service provider can confirm and that too if they are same i.e. at DC and DR.

i can route the calls to DR VG by the Distribution Algorithm iin route group but the point is what aman has raised

PSTN pool they cannot be same because on both site the users are different, so to route HO calls to DR  incase of failure then all routing has to be taken care by the ITSP, to accept the calls from my end and to route all PSTN call to the DR VG.

Please correct me .

Hi,

Yes thats true,

But what you have to decide is that how will you handle the calls i.e the extensions on the HQ site will be different that at the DR site.

So when somebody calls back they will use the DR DID's.

Thanks

Hello Mahmood,

When calls go outside to PSTN they should go from HQ DID by DR VG not by the DR DID, when ITSP is routing HQ DID they should route to DR VG when the HQ VG is down.

thanks

Hi,

You need to have this agreement with the Provider.

Thanks

Hello Mahmood,

please answer my question

• Is it this type of setup cisco recommends or please route me to a recommended desgn from cisco

• Is it  this type of setup has been commonly done by the ITSP for the customers who are having a DR site

Thanks

Silver

Everything you want regarding phone's and VG selection, is not so complicated.

When you talk about inbound/outbound and the same DID ranges on different E1's, you have to talk with your provider.

Normally an E1 PRI has a fixed number/DID assigned to a physical location

Bye

Jan

VIP Purple

Hi,

just a thought :

We can ask Service Provider  to provide a pool of DID numbers segregated across DC and DR [ say we have got 100 phones at DC and 50 phones at DR, first 100 numbers go to DC  and next 50 numbers are assigned to phones at DR]

in case of failure at DC, first 100 numbers keep on working through DR.

regds,

aman

Hi,

To be honest i havent come accross such setup.

May be some expert can shed light on ths.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content