Views
Helpful
Replies

IP telephony Solution

jachowda
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

We are interested in setting up an IP Telephony to cut down communication cost especially for overseas calls which translate to SGD10,000 every month.

Number of users : 110

With above requirement kindly assist me on the following:

1. to recommend voice router model, additional switches if needed, IP Telephones models (not the high end type), licenses required to setup IP Telephony.

2. part numbers of the item 1 recommendations;

3. to help check if Cisco Call Manager Express (CCME) has a built in feature or additional license/module required to enable it to automate voice message if the extension number of a particular user has entry on his/her MS Outlook calendar let say out for a meeting or on leave when the call was made that triggers for CCME to launch voice message stating her entry from her Outlook calendar and that such extension user is not available to pick up call.

thanks & looking forward to your prompt response to my inquiry.

Jaganmohan C

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

1. this would be a 3825 CCME, with 5 x 2960 POE switches. The phones, you onlu can chosse. I recommend avoid the 7911 and consider the 7931. There are new phones adapted from Linksys, that are the cheapest ones today.

2. The exact list can only be determined together a cisco partner.

3. there is no such feature in either CME or CUE. Most people is happy pressing the CFA button when they go a meeting and in many cases an inflexible schedule or announcements are not desired (eg you don't want everyone to know what you're doing - if it is a manager calling, he/she has other means to know).

4. if you ant a good result, use either ISDN PRI or as last resort BRI. Do not use FXO - it is not adeguate for such a deployment.

Please rae post if it helps!