Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Telephony solution

jarekgrzabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need help to find a soulution and configuration examples in implementing IP telephony using Cisco solution.

I will try to describe what do I need and my ideas to run all project.

I've got a customer who would like to implement IP telephony solution. The thing is, he has got one main department in one city and few other departments in other cities. He would like to connect all departments together to one body. The idea is to use Cisco 2621 with PRI card(s) and use Cisco IP phones, connect other departments to main department by VPN.

Now I would like You to ask if I have got good idea and would like to ask You to share with your experience in that kind of solutions and if someone would like to show me the way to any materials where would I read about a configuration of all that stuff then I will be glad. If you have any other idea and would like to share with me I also will be grateful.

Thank You for any help.

Regards

Jarek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In addition to the information provided above, the following link provides you with details of the supported hardware. The limitation is dependant on the telco presentation as to what VWIC and NM modules you can use. Goto the section Network Modules Supported in this link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_user_guide09186a00800a9614.html

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, you can do that and it will work well.

What are your exact questions ?

If you do not know how to configure routers, you can hire someone that does, preferably with a certification for VoIP.

I think I can do it on my own and won`t need any other person. I`m smart ;). The other thing is if I do it by myself I will learn some new things and from what I saw it's not so hard.

I would like to see any configuration examples just to look at.

The other thing is as I read, software called Call Manager configures everything well, doesn`t it ? I can configure there all dialplans and access restrictions for the phones or users. As I saw that aplication (call manager) can do something like PBX from router, can`t it ? Do I need then any extra cards do activate something like DISA or IVR ? Does Call manager do something like internal dialplans ? For example if someone call from the city to external number such as 33445566 and then he 'runs into' DISA and if he won`t dial anything on DISA the router should know to call first on internal number f.e. 22 then 35 then 45 etc.

Does Call Manager or that Cisco router do something like TAPI or CSTA to call from the other software ? It`s important for my customer to supervisors can administrate call centers. The other thing is to use some kind of solution called pay by phone. Customer call to order something and consultant switch him to IVR system, then customer pay for his order by credit card and IVR tells that customer have paid and tells PBX to make a connection with that consultat who serves that customer.

I would like to know only one thing. Is my idea good and does it work in company who has few departments in other cities or towns and one main deparment ?

If call manager or any client software to call manager (if does it exist) has got all the things I wrote above I have no other questions :).

Thank You for your answers and help.

Best regards

Jarek

Callmanager only will not support such deployement, you may need IPCC Express, or even IPCC-Enterprise with IP-IVRs. It all depend on many factor and the Design of your Environment. If you dont even know what the Cisco Callmanager is, you will definitly need a Cisco Consultant for such Deployment.

Hi,

first of all is not said that you need callmanager. On the router you have a feature called CME that does a very complete IP PBX without requiring any additional hardware.

It support all the features you mentioned.

It also has a scripting language calle TCL/IVR, using that you can develop the pay by phone application that you mentioned.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank You very much for your replies.

I have got the last question. How many PRI modules can I install in Cisco ? I need more than two of them.

Does Cisco router support more PRI modules than two ?

Regards

Jarek

In addition to the information provided above, the following link provides you with details of the supported hardware. The limitation is dependant on the telco presentation as to what VWIC and NM modules you can use. Goto the section Network Modules Supported in this link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_user_guide09186a00800a9614.html

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Thank You everyone for help :-).

Best regards,

Jarosław Grząbel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: