cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip Telephony

jimmymaniar
Level 1
Level 1

HI, i have been assigned a task of Designing a Call Center Network Using Cisco Products for Ip Phones calling .

can u plz help me in selecting hardware for this project For Eg. CAll Manager is req. for monitoring and Recording call

Call management is done by which product of cisco

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are two products: communication manager (CM)and communication manager express (CME). The first requires a separate server and is better for large installations, the second is simpler and requires a router only, supports up to 170 phones.

For the call center, cisco makes IPCC that runs with CM on additional server in most cases, and comes in various sizes. However, I've successfully put in place many call centers using CME only.

All the literature is in the "products' section of CCO.

Call recording require a separate software product, not made by cisco, there are many solutions to do that. All except "IP blue"work by sinigg traffic out of a switch port.

The matter is quite complex so it would be better if you seek help initially with you local cisco office, or a qualified reseller/cisco partner.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: