cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ipma - weird error

fjrubiobarcena
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured some manager each one with one assistant associated I worked fine. Now one the manager's ip phone is not working fine (I am doing a rma request) and I have changed the fault ip phone with a new one (both of then are 7961), I have associated the manager with the new ip phone, the directory number with the line in the ip phone, changed the manager configuration page with the new ip phone; but, it doesn't work, int the screen of the new ip phone It appears: "this device does not support Cisco Unified Callmanager Assistant Service" (the text is not literall because I have the locales of the phone in spanish). It is very wird because the ipma application is supported by 7961 ip phone and I have it now working with other ip phone`s.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Try the BUG-CSCsh14439

Thanks for your help but the callmanager version that I am using is 5.1 and I am configuring all the manager-assistant by myself without using the wizard. The bug does not apply here.

Best regards

I had similar issues in the past. Just got through them by restarting IPMA service.

Let me know if it works.

Regards.

I tried to restart the service the last week(it was the second thing I tried) but it was useless

Thanks for your help

Ok. Delete Manager and Assistant phones, delete Manager and Assistant profiles. Recreate everything. Restart Service.

If it doesnt work again, try same phone with other users...

ever got any resoution to this issue. im currently having the same issue with one phone. all the others are working except this one.

FYI - i was restarting the Publisher IPAM service and after i posted ths i decided to restart both pub and sub.

worked immediately

Posted by: metalium2007 - - Oct 16, 2007, 12:52am PST

I had similar issues in the past. Just got through them by restarting IPMA service.

Let me know if it works.

Regards.

As said before...

regards,

Met.

That was the solution. off the topic a bit, everything works as expected except filtering. if i create filter lists IPMA seems to ignore. Caller ID is functioning properly