Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPPA - IPPA3008 - Your request to Cisco CTI server time out. Try Again (UCCX 8.5.1)

Have a user with the following servers:

UCM: 8.0.3.22900-5

UCCX: 8.5.1.11002-22

I have a small batch of users that are recieving the following message on their phones intermittently throughout the day:

Error

Your request to the Cisco CTI server time out. Try again.

I have collected the IPPA logs from the UCCX server and I'm seeing:

2012-04-16 10:41:18,123 WARN IPPA3008 Agent phone IP address <X.X.X.X>: IPPA client encountered an error <32:Wait timeout.: Wait timeout.> while making <GetStatsScreen> call to BIPPA service.

I have asked the client if the phone experiences any loss, or if there is any impact to the agents when this happens and it appears there is no adverse effect at all, calls continue to come in and this message goes away once they hit the OK key on the phone.

I've gone through teh Cisco CAD Error Code Dictionary, but the definition is a little vauge:

IPPA3008

Text: Agent phone IP address <%s>: IPPA client encountered an error <%d:%s> while making <%s> call to BIPPA service.

Type: Warn

Add’l Info: The IPPA client encountered an error while making the specified call to the BIPPA service.

Action: See the error code and its description and take appropriate action for that method.

With that said, has anyone ever experienced this problem with their agents?  I'm tempted to convert one of them to CAD to see if the problem persists, but wanted to reach out to the community first.

Any input is appreciated.

-Ron

7 REPLIES

IPPA - IPPA3008 - Your request to Cisco CTI server time out. Try

Hi Ron,

Could you please check the BIPPA service status on UCCX servicability page (if its HA check it on both the nodes), let the first UCCX node be the Master for this service. Also try restarting the BIPPA service once.

If you still face the issue, try the same Agent login credentials in one of the CAD boxes and see what happens?

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Anand,

I got a window for a restart of the service tonight, so I'll give that a shot and update tomorrow with how things look.

Thanks for your quick reply.

-Ron

Restarted BIPPA and this has made no difference, so we are moving on to trying the CAD software, and hopefully the logging in the traces folder for the agent will yield some answers.

Will advise.

Thanks,

-Ron

Hi Ron,

So I am assuming that you are using the same IP phone (i.e used for IPPA)  for CAD logging in. You are also using the same Agent credentials which you used it for IPPA.

Waiting for the results.

Thanks,

Anand

Anand,

It will be the same phone, user and network connection so hopefully we can find out if this is related network or UCCX.

Will advise,

-Ron

Hi Ron,

Did you get a chance to see if this issue happens with CAD also, any issues\traces ?

Thanks,

Anand

I'm still waiting on the customer configuring the CAD traces, hopefully soon we will have some traces to go through.

Thanks

-Ron

Views
Helpful
Replies