Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPT Migration assistance

Hi guys,

I have a customer with multiple sites connected via PBXs and centralised PSTN breakout. I need to migrate them to IPT in stages. I'm going to use the centralised call processing model. The two areas that I'm not not too sure about is:

1. How do I configure the operators to be able to transfer calls to PBX sites and to IPT sites during the migration? I suppose they need to be migrated FIRST but also remain connected to the old network?

2. What are the options for connecting a callmanager to a PBX at a site that wants to change half of their phones to IP handsets and leave the other half connected to the PBX? What config is required on the CCM/voice gateway?

As you've probably guessed, I know very little about PBXs and migration... :-(

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: IPT Migration assistance

You will need to have some sort of dial plan in place and a router that will be your voice gateway. The voice gateway can connect the IP Phones to the PBX side. Typically, each PBX can have T1 card, plugged into a CAS T1 card on a router such as a 2811. The 2811 can then have a route pattern set for dial plans. If it sees 1234x, you can route it CallManager for call processing. (MGCP will handle this funtion.) CallManager will need to know what extensions are on the PBX side of things also so it can route to the appropiate voice gateway for forwarding.

Sounds like you will also have to plan your WAN carefully. MPLS networks are the way to go these days if possible with a Gatekeeper configured for your voice.

This information is pretty brief. I highly recommend picking up a Cisco Press book to give you a deeper view into what is required for migrations.

Views
Helpful
Replies