Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

IPT on non-Cisco Switches (VLAN configuration)

I have a customer that has Extreme switches. These switches can apparently support multiple VLANs per port. They would like to deploy in a simillar config to a cisco switch with a voice and a data VLAN on the same port.

Since these switches don;t support CDP I'm assuming I'll have to manually configure all phones for the proper VLAN, Correct? Also, is it possible to just manually configure the VLAN but not the rest of the phone parameters. I'd like to minimize how much I set manually on the phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Re: IPT on non-Cisco Switches (VLAN configuration)

Correct, without CDP, the VLAN will have to be manually configured. You can configure only the VLAN and allow the phone to use DHCP for the other information. You can manually configure the VLAN on the phone in the Network Configuration menu. You will need to configure the Admin. VLAN ID as the Operational VLAN ID cannot be modified. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ebe70.html#wp1156659

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Correct, without CDP, the VLAN will have to be manually configured. You can configure only the VLAN and allow the phone to use DHCP for the other information. You can manually configure the VLAN on the phone in the Network Configuration menu. You will need to configure the Admin. VLAN ID as the Operational VLAN ID cannot be modified. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ebe70.html#wp1156659

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Community Member

hi,

as Brandon already explained you need set those parameters manually because Extreme Switches dont support CDP(cisco prop.) & and Cisco Phones dont support LLDP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content