Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is CH1 licence req. in non callmanager environment ?

I've got a question regarding Cisco IP Phones and licencing.

When using a third party PBX instead of Call Manager, is a licence required for the phones ?

Eg can I just use CP-7961G or do I need CP-7961G-CH1 even though I'm not using Cisco Callmanager ?

Cheers

Peter

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Is CH1 licence req. in non callmanager environment ?

Implement licensing in Cisco CallManager administration to accurately track the number of devices that a customer has connected to Cisco CallManager, including third party SIP phones and compare it with the number of unit licenses that have been purchased.

Licensing feature helps in managing Cisco CallManager licenses and in enforcing the licenses for Cisco CallManager applications and the number of IP phones. Using the Licensing Configuration window in Cisco CallManager Administration, you can manage the phone and node licenses purchased and used by the customer.

Licenses are generated for requested Cisco CallManager nodes (servers in a Cisco CallManager cluster) and the phones that are associated with those nodes.

Each phone type requires a fixed number of licenses and this number is called as phone license unit. For example, Cisco 7920 phones requires four license units and Cisco 7970 phones require 5 units. If you want licenses for four Cisco 7920 phones and four Cisco 7970 phones, then you require 36 phone license units.

To determine the number of units of licenses required for each phone, see Cisco CallManager Administration Guide.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080531ebb.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content