Helpful
Replies

Is Cisco 2821 Router a Voice gateway?

zeeshan.a
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

this is my first post in the forum,

i want to know if Cisco 2821 router a voice gateway also? or should i have to add some module or wic? A PRI will be terminated at 2821.

please advise

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Remember you also need PVDM2 that is the required DSP resources, to use router for VoIP. Do "show diag" to know if you have it and what "size" it is.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The 2800 Series ISR gateway certainly support voice, take a look at the document at the following link it refers to the various gateways interoperability with CallManager:-

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps259/c1650/cdccont_0900aecd8057f2e0.pdf

Hope this helps

Regards

Allan.

thnx,

i have 2811 with E1 card for PRI, so i can directly connect IP PBX to this Router for VoIP.

Remember you also need PVDM2 that is the required DSP resources, to use router for VoIP. Do "show diag" to know if you have it and what "size" it is.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

yxsjwsb
Level 1
Level 1

And once you get the router set up, go get the E1 Pri debug demo from pippinsoftware.com , it's handy for troubleshooting.

thanks

one more thing with PVMD2, does 2821 support SIP?

Yes.

thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: