cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is DPA 7630 Hybrid Integration required?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Customer has current Octel 250 integrated with Avaya S8700. I'd like to keep that in place and do a new Simple Integration with new PIC card on Octel 250/DPA7630 to CallManager. Is that possible? I seem to recall in Octel 250 you can assign users to which "PBX" or integration link their mailbox is on but it has been a long time since I worked on a Octel 250.

Or is Hybrid Integration going to be required?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps821/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800b7055.html#xtocid9

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

I believe the "Hybrid" integration will be required here. We still run an Octel 250 with DPA 7610/Nortel/CCM integration. In the Octel user config there is not a method to assign the PBX that the user is assigned to. The only way to differentiate (sp?) between the two systems is via the Port config on the Octel. This is where the Ports are split to reference either the Avaya or CCM/DPA routing.

Hope this helps!

Rob

In the Octel Port Config, can I have two seperate MWIs? One for CCM, other for Avaya G3? But I guess issue is still User Config you can't tell it which MWI to use.

Hi Jason,

It's a little hard to explain, but, in this type of integration the DPA handles all MWI requests for both systems.

From the doc you linked have a look at this section;

DPA 7630

To use this configuration, all MWI lines for the Definity and Cisco CallManager systems must pass through the DPA 7630(see Figure 2-5).

For example, on our setup , the first DPA has Ports 15 and 16 configured for MWI. These ports are configured as such in the Octel as well and provide MWI for phones/users attached to both systems.

Hope this helps and makes some sense!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: