cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is extension mobility supported at CME in SRST mode?

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Our agents use EM to login the phone. If we configure CME in SRST mode in order to get contact center work during the WAN connection failure to hub CM, is EM still supported when CME is in SRST mode? Can I preduild the EM configuration for CME in SRST mode with "telephony-service"?

Thanks a lot!

Lou

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

After reviewing documentation, the answer here appears to be no. The main problem is that a phone that falls back to CME in SRST mode does not download a configuration from CME TFTP but instead provides its existing configuration to CME/SRST. Since a TFTP file is never downloaded from the router, the phone will not have the appropriate service URL for the CME-based Extension Mobility service. The closest you can come is to configure ephone and ephone-dn on the router so that those values override what the phone tells CME during fallback.

View solution in original post

Jonathan is right here, EM is not supported under SRST or CME-as-SRST.

Phones will keep working with their current config but there is no login or logout ability.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

After reviewing documentation, the answer here appears to be no. The main problem is that a phone that falls back to CME in SRST mode does not download a configuration from CME TFTP but instead provides its existing configuration to CME/SRST. Since a TFTP file is never downloaded from the router, the phone will not have the appropriate service URL for the CME-based Extension Mobility service. The closest you can come is to configure ephone and ephone-dn on the router so that those values override what the phone tells CME during fallback.

Jonathan is right here, EM is not supported under SRST or CME-as-SRST.

Phones will keep working with their current config but there is no login or logout ability.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Java-

Do you remember the name of the protocol that the phones use to share their config with SRST/CME? I know it has a name but haven't been able to remember that trivia fact in a while.

mmmm. I know at some point I read something about it, but honestly, can't remember it right now.

I'll try to find it during the day and will let you know if I'm sucessfull

java

HTH

java

I guess it is "SNAP"?

Jonathan,

Thanks a lot. So even with prebuild, the phone still won't download the file through tftp? That's bad.So if no EM supported at CME in SRST mode, I need assign every phone to specific extension number. Then the agent can't move around since their extension number will be binded to the phone permanently. Because we only have limited quantity of phones and every shift people are changed, it's better to have EM supported. Can I configure a log out and user profile, then assign them to the ephone? If the WAN outage happen, I can have the agent reset their phone to get the new configuration from the router. Is this doable? I don't have router which I can test it. Sad.

Thanks a lot!

Lou

If you need EM as this seems really important for you environment, why don't you look into getting a subscriber into that location so you can have EM??

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java. I'm thinking could I use dynamic hunt group membership to emulate the extension mobility. By define "ephone-hunt login" under the ephone-dn, use wildcard in hunt group list. I haven't figured out the exact way to do that in SRST mode. Maybe it's possible.

Lou

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: