Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Is is possible to allow administration to subset of phones

Hello

I am a relatively new user to CUCM Administration and this forum so apologies if I am posting incorrectly.

I have a question which I am hoping someone can help with.

In a CUCM 7.1 system which consists of several sites with the ususal device pool/partitions/CSS configured. Is it possible to create a phone administrator account which will only allow the person to manage the phones in one particular site/device pool.

The system in question has 3 sites all managed centrally, it has been asked if it is possible to allow someone at each site access to manage only their own phones through the CUCM web pages. I would prefer if they dont even see the other sites devices/phones.

I have tried setting up an Application user and added to phone administrator group but this still seems to give access to all the phones in the CUCM system.

I would imagine I might have to create some new CCM Phone Administration groups and give them permissions to access the necessary device pools/partitions etc. I have tried a few different options but I must be missing something.

Apologies again if this is a really stupid question.

If I manage to find the answer myself I will post in-case it helps others but any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

This is not possible. The security roles only allow page-level (e.g. Device > Phones) read and write control. If you give someone update rights to the Device > Phones page they can update any record [device] that can be searched from that page.

I'm not intimately familiar with the Provisioning Manager product; however, I have heard that this type of delegation may exist in that product.

Community Member

Thank you for the information Jonathan, I thought it was me being silly.

I will have a look at the Provisioning Manager product as you suggest

Thanks again for your quick response it is much appreciated

Not natively within CUCM Administrator.

I believe your choices are either:

I'm not sure if there are any other third-party products out there to do this.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Community Member

Thanks for the advice Gordon

Writing my own tool is probably a bit overkill at the moment but I will have a look at Provisioning Manager product

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content