Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is it poss to get external inbound calls to retain their external flag.....

... when transferred internally?

Scenario:-

The customer has CFWD NA and BSY on External calls set to send calls back to reception, however when reception blind transfer external calls to an extension forwarded as such, they appear to be flagged as internal calls and are then not forwarded back to reception (DDI calls are fine) they could apply the rules for internal calls as well but this would then inundate Reception with internal calls which they don't want. They are running 4.1.3sr4d at this remote site.

I have raised this with Cisco and they have responded with expected behaviour even with 4.2, but I'm not too sure as I don't think this is an unusual request!

Anyone any ideas or workarounds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it poss to get external inbound calls to retain their ext

We had the same issue and ended up using 2 lines on each phone. Internal callers call one line which has CFNA for internal calls to VM. This is also the DID line and has CFNA for external calls set to the receptionist. Receptionist transfers external calls to second line which has CFB/CFNA back to receptionist.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

2 REPLIES

We had the same issue and ended up using 2 lines on each phone. Internal callers call one line which has CFNA for internal calls to VM. This is also the DID line and has CFNA for external calls set to the receptionist. Receptionist transfers external calls to second line which has CFB/CFNA back to receptionist.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Good stuff... a definite example of lateral thinking outside the box.

Thanks for that.

Andrew

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content