cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to change a telephone number from secret to normal number showing when calling?

Hi,

I am having a “Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 7.0.1.11000-2” installation.

On my phone “Cisco IP Phone 7940 series”, I have a telephone number associated.

When I am calling internal numbers, my number is showed on the display, but if I try and call my private mobile phone, my number is showed as secret (or private number).

Is there anywhere in the Unified Administration, I can change how my phone behaves when I call out off house and others can see that I am calling?

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On the Gateway there is the setting "Calling Party Presentation" which controls whether you send CLI out to the Telco.Check that this is not set to

restricted.If this is set correctly run a "debug isdn q931" on the router when you make the call so i can check what you are sending.Sometimes if you send the wrong numbers i,e numbers that are not assigned to your DDI range the telco will not send it.

Cheers

Mark

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On the Gateway there is the setting "Calling Party Presentation" which controls whether you send CLI out to the Telco.Check that this is not set to

restricted.If this is set correctly run a "debug isdn q931" on the router when you make the call so i can check what you are sending.Sometimes if you send the wrong numbers i,e numbers that are not assigned to your DDI range the telco will not send it.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your help! - Now I have something to work with .

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: