Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Is it possible to set a get a Cisco 7960G IP Phone running SIP to register with a named URI rather than appending the proxy address?

Hi all,

We  have been playing with SIP images on the Cisco 7960G IP Phones and  registering them to a Cisco VCS (not CUCM). This all works pretty much  OK.

The  Proxy address for Line 1 is set to the IP address (e.g. 1.1.1.1) of the  VCS and the Name of the line refers to a specific numbering extension  (eg. 12345). We then see the SIP registration on the VCS as  "12345@1.1.1.1".

However, I would like to specify a specific SIP URI on the phone which I would like to to register with such as "Extension@domain.com". Unfortunately, we cannot set domain.com to resolve to the VCS otherwise I could use the DNS name as the Proxy address.

If I then set the Line1 Name to "12345@domain.com", the registration we see is "12345@domain.com@1.1.1.1" - i.e. the proxy address always seem to be appended to the registration name.

Is  there anyway to stop this behaviour so that I can set point the phone  to the VCS to register, yet specify the SIP URI I want the phone to  actually use?

Cheers

Chris

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

Re: Is it possible to set a get a Cisco 7960G IP Phone running S

Can I take it that this is not possible with these phones?

Views
Helpful
Replies