cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to transfer an active call from a PLAR line to another extension? CUCM 9.1

Andrew Bunde
Level 1
Level 1

We have multiple PLAR's set up that work great but not everyone has them on their phone. So the problem arises when someone who does not have a certain PLAR on their phone and wants to join the conversation. We had hoped that we could transfer/conference the call on the PLAR to the extension of the person who does not have it on their phone but get a busy tone as soon as the transfer key is pressed. Is this at all possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

They would have to put the PLAR line on hold, select a 2nd non-PLAR line to dial the other user, and then use the Join Across Lines feature to select both lines and throw them into a conference together.  This is a little bit easier on some phones such as the 9971.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am going to assume that you provisioned PLAR by using a "null" translation pattern (i.e. pattern with no digits). And that the phones will automatically connect to the PLAR destination when they go off hook. 

When you try to do a transfer, the CUCM digit analysis process will use the same CSS logic as it does for a standard/direct call. So, the behavior you are observing is expected. You can't use a PLAR line as if it was a regular phone line. 

Your scenario has sparked my curiosity. In my experience, PLAR lines are usually added to common area phones outside of a secure area or something similar. It sounds like you are using PLAR as secondary lines on user stations. I may be mis-interpreting your scenario but I am inclined to think that you may be better served by using other UCM features. More information about your requirements would be needed to give you proper guidance. 

If interested then please share more info. Otherwise, the answer to your original question concerning PLAR is that it doesn't work the way you want it too.

HTH

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

http://ucguerrilla.com

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Correct on the null pattern. 

The purpose of PLAR's as lines for users is common in stock trading. Trader hits the PLAR line to open a T1 channel direct to some other financial institution who also uses a PLAR config for the user on their side, it's two way so they also receive inbound calls to these lines. We've used speed dials to accomplish similar behavior but we then lose the ability to route inbound calls to an associated line and end up routing them to a hunt group which is not optimal since traders like to see which PLAR lines are in use and barge them etc.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

They would have to put the PLAR line on hold, select a 2nd non-PLAR line to dial the other user, and then use the Join Across Lines feature to select both lines and throw them into a conference together.  This is a little bit easier on some phones such as the 9971.

Thanks for the tip. It may be too much button pressing for traders on 7965's but I'll see if they're willing to try it out!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: