Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is NM-2V and VIC-2FXO separate components?

Hi, I have a C2610 routers running XM image and I am confused about this:

If I want to use voice ports on such routers, I understand I need to buy NM-2V and VIC-2FXO and VIC-2FXS. My question is, are the NM-2V and VIC-2FXO totally separate cards?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is NM-2V and VIC-2FXO separate components?

my Bad I have a 2651xm not a 2610xm.You need to upgrade to a telco feature set like

c2600-telco-mz.124-12.bin

3 REPLIES

I have the same router here is what you need NM-HD-2V and VIC2-2FXO for your pots lines

and VIC4FXS/DID for analog devices faxes modems. The NM-HD-2V slides into the router

the FXO and FXS slide into the NM-HD-2V.

Hope this helps.

Correct me if I am wrong, does your image version also determines the NM and VIC version, isn't that right?

In my case I am running 12.3.16 Enterprise Basic. That's how I determined I should use the NM-2V and VIC-2FXO and VIC-2FXS.

Please let me know if what I am saying makes sense and if you don't mind confirm which image you are running. I was told that if you are using the VIC2- you would need a "T" train(?)

Also, please find attached my lab diagram showing what I am trying to do. Any suggestions on a better way to explore this, let me know. :-)

Regards,

Marlon

my Bad I have a 2651xm not a 2610xm.You need to upgrade to a telco feature set like

c2600-telco-mz.124-12.bin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content