Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Is RTMT can monitor when the first Route Group of a Route List is not used ?

Hi everyone,

I want to find how monitor this event in RTMT without success. I hope someone will have an idea to suggest !

My problem :

I have one Route List (RL_Remote) wich is used to route calls between two sites. This Route List has two Route Group :

- the first is a SIP trunk connected to my remote site (RG_SIP)

- the second is a local route group wich used PSTN (RG_PSTN) [BACKUP]

Is it possible that RTMT sends me an alarm when calls are routing via RL_Remote but are not using RG_SIP ?

In fact, I want to receive an alarm as soon as the Backup Route Group (RG_PSTN in my example) is used.

Thanks for your help !

Have a nice day,

Franck-Emanuel

3 REPLIES

Is RTMT can monitor when the first Route List of a Route Group i

Try and play around with the route list exhausted alarm as per screen shot below.

routelist.jpg

Voice CCIE #37771
Community Member

Is RTMT can monitor when the first Route List of a Route Group i

Hi Hermanus Janse van Vuuren ,

First of all, thank you for your answer !

I have read that "RouteListExhausted" event is only matched when the call fail via all the Route Group of the Route List.

Is it correct ?

Franck-Emanuel

Re: Is RTMT can monitor when the first Route Group of a Route Li

More or less correct yes:

Core Issue

This issue can occur if an available route is not found in the indicated route list.

If  the call fails on the current gateway, Cisco CallManager attempts to  extend the call to the next route in the route list. This occurs until  it reaches the last route. If the call cannot be completed with the last  gateway, the Route List Exhausted event is logged.

These are possible reasons for a failure on the current gateway:

• Unallocated number, such as a non-existing destination

• Busy user
  • Out of bandwidth   
  • Gateway fails to respond to the call setup request 

The user receives alerts similar to this in the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT):

Most  Recent Alert Raised: At 09:19:27 on 12/21/2005 on cluster  CALLMANAGER1-Cluster. Number of RouteListExhausted events exceed 0  within 60 minutes.

There  are at least five RouteListExhausted events (up to 30) received during  the monitoring interval from 09:07:27, 12/21/2005 to 10:07:27,  12/21/2005.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29032

Voice CCIE #37771
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content